Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beechwood 15 - Pikeville 0 (5 Innings - All A Tournament)
jetpilot Wrote:The losses you refer to were almost all competitive, even Corbin games if you followed them at all went to the wire. Again, you don't mention the win over Beechwood, and Boyd Co. in the sectional a few years ago, and many others. Pikeville has a very positive mindset and feel they can win anytime they step on the field with anyone, and rightly so. The negativity of your post is the losing mentality present in the Pike County schools which will insure that they are never able to compete down state.

As stated in my previous post "more often than not" the teams from down-state will win against East Kentucky teams...You can't say that EKY, specificallly Pikeville is competitive against teams down state on a yearly basis because they're not. It's good to have a positive mindset but when you're the favorite in the 15th and get smoked by a favorite from another region 15-0 in 5 Innings that shows the true gap. Simple as that. Maybe not in years past, but this season. You can interpret my post anyway you want, but thats just my opinion and many others that are non-biased with Maroon shades on. It's a simple truth, and losing 12-1 in two games to Corbin is not down to the wire anyway you slice it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Beechwood 15 - Pikeville 0 (5 Innings - All A Tournament) - by alfus21 - 05-10-2006, 01:14 AM