Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pikeville Panthers
80.00%
Paintsville Tigers
20.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville vs. Paintsville (Class 1A Championship)
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Well as many expected, it's an all east show down. It going to be this way for a while atleast in this alignment and system, unless NCC gets back to their early to mid 2000s form. This game comes down to one factor imo. Can Paintsville play the clock game, with long drives and score and still score enough to keep up with Pikeville? Neither team has had much issue in the playoffs outside of the 1st half against Raceland and KCD. Paintsville seems to have found something with the inverted bone, but Pikeville is quick as lightning and has atheletes all over the place. My head says Pikeville by 2 or 3 scores. But my gut tells me that the Tiggers play keep away just enough to keep it within striking distance. These two have battled down to the wire before and we have yet to see that role reversal in the playoffs from the past few years. Good luck to both squads, but I have to go with Pikeville in a closer than some may think battle.

Panthers 28
Tigers 18

36-34 win is an issue. They have not walked through the playoffs. Raceland or Williamsburg would have beat KCD handily. But I believe they were only the 3rd best team in the west. Holy Cross and New Cath were both better. Pikeville wins by 10.
Messages In This Thread
Pikeville vs. Paintsville (Class 1A Championship) - by E's Army - 12-04-2019, 03:32 AM