Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville vs. Paintsville (Class 1A Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Game is set to kickoff at 2PM Friday, Dec. 6 at Kroger Field in Lexington.
Pikeville 21-7!
Pikeville by 7
Paintsville by 12.

Goo Tigers!!
Paintsville looking for some redemption!! The Tigers ready to light up this self proclaimed “better than 2015” Monster of a Pikeville team!!
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Paintsville looking for some redemption!! The Tigers ready to light up this self proclaimed “better than 2015” Monster of a Pikeville team!!

Can’t get that kind of analysis just anywhere, folks!
Pikeville 26 Paintsville 13
Pikeville wins championship #5. Go Panthers.
Well as many expected, it's an all east show down. It going to be this way for a while atleast in this alignment and system, unless NCC gets back to their early to mid 2000s form. This game comes down to one factor imo. Can Paintsville play the clock game, with long drives and score and still score enough to keep up with Pikeville? Neither team has had much issue in the playoffs outside of the 1st half against Raceland and KCD. Paintsville seems to have found something with the inverted bone, but Pikeville is quick as lightning and has atheletes all over the place. My head says Pikeville by 2 or 3 scores. But my gut tells me that the Tiggers play keep away just enough to keep it within striking distance. These two have battled down to the wire before and we have yet to see that role reversal in the playoffs from the past few years. Good luck to both squads, but I have to go with Pikeville in a closer than some may think battle.

Panthers 28
Tigers 18
Difference in this game will be Isaac McNamee. If he has a good game, Pikeville wins by 10 or more. If he struggles, then we get a game like the first meeting.

Should be a dandy and a great atmosphere.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Difference in this game will be Isaac McNamee. If he has a good game, Pikeville wins by 10 or more. If he struggles, then we get a game like the first meeting.

Isaac isn't going to struggle and Pikeville is playing on a much higher level IMO.
I'm off of here this week. Pikeville gets #5.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Difference in this game will be Isaac McNamee. If he has a good game, Pikeville wins by 10 or more. If he struggles, then we get a game like the first meeting.

Bingo. Isaac makes his throws that he’s very capable of making. Pikeville wins this one in my opinion. Both teams have changed a lot from the beginning of the season though so not too much to look into on those.
Be The Cheering For Pikeville--Lord Willing
Pikeville wins this one
Pikeville 21
Paintsville-10
I just hope we can stay within 2-3 scores of Paintsville....😜
The 2 best teams in Class A all season, so glad both advanced to the state championship game.

Paintsville has had a great season, and I sincerely have a lot of respect for the program Coach Chirco has built.

Both teams seem to be playing their best ball of the season right now. If Paintsville was playing anyone besides Pikeville I would be at Commonwealth Stadium cheering them on.

I think Pikeville is a better team if both teams bring their A game. I expect another low scoring battle, but young MacNamee is going hit the WRs for a few TDs. Pikeville 21 Paintsville 7
Phsfan,We Get Your Point,lol
If I didn’t say it again I would be selling out ..... PAINTSVILLE SUCKS! PHS +14
Seems that Pikeville fans outnumber the Paintsville fans on BGR these days, so i'm not here tp argue a score one way or the other. I do believe Pikeville is the all around better team, however, Paintsville is very capable of winning. Congrats to both teams for making it to the rematch.
cuppett777 Wrote:Phsfan,We Get Your Point,lol

Did it post it a few times? Having internet issues on Pond Creek tonight it seems.
I just like it when the use the words redemption and self proclaimed better than the 2015 team monster of a team phrases when they are the ones that brought that crap up. This is the 2019 team period and they will stand up for themselves. Now if you Blue-Bird want to talk about this game and these two 2019 teams we will. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
PHSFAN Wrote:Did it post it a few times? Having internet issues on Pond Creek tonight it seems.

It did. But it’s all good lol

Panthers are going to Kroger buddy. Post it four times!
Spud6 Wrote:It did. But it’s all good lol

Panthers are going to Kroger buddy. Post it four times!

LoL no doubt.

I'm surrounded on all sides by all these Crazy Pirate fans, and all their internet activity tonight after their huge win at DeSales is messing up my internet service lol. That's my crazy conspiracy theory and I'm sticking to it lol.

Joking...I love all my neighbors of the Pond Creek Nation..
Pikeville has gradually gotten even better as the year has went on. McNamee has came into his own and with the backs and receivers at his disposal it’s explosive. This one will be nothing like the one earlier in the season. Paintsville is about ready to run into a buzz saw.

Pikeville 42
Paintsville 20
Pikeville-35
Paintsville-20
I think that both teams have got better during the year. This will be a war between 2 teams that really know each other. It’s going to come down to execution and mistakes in my opinion. Plus I don’t think it’s going to be no 9 to 8 game. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
Idk if Paintsville can remain balanced enough to keep Pikeville from loading the box. The passing game for the Tigers looked rough last night. I really like them out of the inverted bone. I think it's really turned them into a serious contender for the title. But they seemed out of sorts in the passing game last night against KCD.
Pikeville 35-14
Pikeville 28-10
Lots of very talented football players that I would've loved to see wearing the red and black this year on both sides in this one. I'm glad to see Pburg football players thriving, even if it couldn't be at Pburg. Chirico and McNamee are both extremely talented coaches who have built truly impressive programs for these mountain towns. God willing, I'll be there to cheer both teams on to show the rest of the state what mountain football has to offer. Man, first Pikeville vs Paintsville then Belfry vs Bell, both in the same day, both for state championships. What a day for the mountains! I love Paintsville's O-line, but I think Pikeville's McNamee to Raines connection leads Pikeville to #5. Good luck to both teams, and you've made everyone in the mountains proud!

Pikeville 28
Paintsville 20
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11