Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville vs. Paintsville (Class 1A Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Can anyone give me an update on Grant Ray? A great kids and great player.
I’m just glad the two best teams in 1A will be meeting in the championship game & that they are both from the mountains!! Issac Mcnamee is thrice the quarterback he was in week 5 if not more & the Panthers as a whole have gotten better everywhere. Even though Paintsville is a little banged up they are still as physical as any team in the state!! Pikeville is the quicker of the two & at the end of the day, the better of the two teams.

Pikeville - 31

Paintsville- 14
I saw posted that it was a dislocated ankle and broken leg. Hate it for the kid having his high school career end like that.
Panthers Dominate Wrote:I saw posted that it was a dislocated ankle and broken leg. Hate it for the kid having his high school career end like that.

That’s correct. Dislocated ankle and a broken tibia. His mom posted it on Facebook. Hate it for the young man to help get his team to Kroger and then not even be able to play. That just gives Paintsville more fuel to the fire to get this victory.
SugeAvery Wrote:These predictions are asinine!! I will only comment once this week because I will get kicked off the site but the best player on the field that controlled the first game didn’t regress and in fact had only continued his stellar play! The #1’s will cancel each other out but there is no other #22 for Pikeville!! He will visit the QB as often as he did the first game! If you have not figured out how to block him it will be another long game! We control the clock and play the Defense we have all year Paintsville wins 21-14!! Book it!!

I watched the first game on television, and to be honest I don’t remember much other than Pikeville pulling out a tough win & it being the first time I seen how good Pikeville’s O-line is!! TAKING NOTHING AWAY FROM #22 as a player & FULLY respecting his talent & ability & his ability to impact a game; Pikeville’s left tackle Matt Compton, #76, has been THE BEAT PLAYER IN THE BOX every game of the season IMO!! If 22 has to come through the Compton kid to get to the quarterback, & in the backfield, I’ll take my chances if I’m Pikeville.
Go Tigers!
Thanks for the info. Hate it for him. Love that kid and the way he plays.
Paintsville is just lucky to be playing at Kroger Field. Just thankful to be playing a team like Pikeville. It's an honor. In all seriousness, Pikeville is a very good team. But, they play the game for a reason. As always, GO TIGERS!!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:The biggest thing that nobody will talk about is experience in this game. I don’t care who you are, Kroger Field can intimidate you. Very easy to get “Starry Eyed” when you run out of that tunnel. Took Pikeville nearly the entire 1st half to get that out of our system last year. Beechwood didn’t have those butterflies where they’d been there before and it showed. Does that guarantee a Pikeville victory? Absolutely not! Paintsville is more than capable of beating us and will if we come out and don’t play well. With that said, the experience factor definitely favors Pikeville.

There's a lot truth to that.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:There's a lot truth to that.

I’ll have to agree. Very good point.
One things for certain. If this game doesn’t set a 1A Championship Game attendance record. I’ll be highly shocked.
I by no means think Paintsville has regressed. They have played lights out. And have a good football team. In my opinion, when Pikeville went into Belfry and defeated the Pirates I think that elevated them to another level immediately. You could see the young QB grow up and realize he can play at a very high level through out the course of that game. You could see the light bulb go off. That game is such a huge rivalry and for players on the Pikeville team to go in there and slay the giant it took there team to another level. This has nothing to do with Belfry, it just happens to be the game that Pikeville realized no one in class A can stop them if they play their game. That’s the reason for the final score I posted earlier. That’s just my opinion though.
Pikeville by 15
Too close to call
Even with Ray out I look for the Paintsville offensive line to control the line of scrimmage. I wasn’t impressed with either of the fronts of Pikeville back in September and this is where Paintsville is strongest and will control the game. I can’t wait for this one and Paintsville’s win will finally silence the Panther crowd on here. GO TIGERS!
hawg laig Wrote:Can anyone give me an update on Grant Ray? A great kids and great player.

How’d he get hurt ?
Ralph Furley Wrote:Even with Ray out I look for the Paintsville offensive line to control the line of scrimmage. I wasn’t impressed with either of the fronts of Pikeville back in September and this is where Paintsville is strongest and will control the game. I can’t wait for this one and Paintsville’s win will finally silence the Panther crowd on here. GO TIGERS!

Paintsville might win but there is no way that game will silence the Pikeville faithful down. They definitely have a lot more tradition in football than Paintsville and that’s fact, just not my opinion. So if Pikeville wins where are you going Ralphy. You do know that show has been canceled along time but there is some reruns being played.
Personally I think Collum #28 plays the game of his life, along with the other seniors who are sick of hearing how Paintsville is as good or better. Should be a great game..
Pikeville putty tats by eleventy billion!
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Pikeville putty tats by eleventy billion!

I started to put that phrase on the Belfry and Desales thread but I would have give you the credit because I missed it that last few weeks
Ralph Furley Wrote:Even with Ray out I look for the Paintsville offensive line to control the line of scrimmage. I wasn’t impressed with either of the fronts of Pikeville back in September and this is where Paintsville is strongest and will control the game. I can’t wait for this one and Paintsville’s win will finally silence the Panther crowd on here. GO TIGERS!

Hate to inform you Ralphy, but after the Pikeville win, there's even more from Pikeville fans. So set back, relax, reflect on how your tigers lost to the Panthers, and enjoy! Ain't no stopping us now !:1:
Pride comes before the fall.
In case some of you Pather fans don't know what that means...

Pride Comes Before the Fall Meaning. Definition: If a person is too arrogant, he or she will make a mistake or fail in a big way. This phrase is also said pride goes before the fall. Just sayin'. Go Tigers!!
bigcat95 Wrote:Enough with niceties. The Panthers prove nobody in 1A is even close to their level.

Pikeville-35
Paintsville-7

They'll get a cheap one late on the JV
Well said. Pikeville is gonna smoke some hind end.
Josiewales Wrote:Pride comes before the fall.

Pride Comes Before the Fall Meaning. Definition: If a person is too arrogant, he or she will make a mistake or fail in a big way. This phrase is also said pride goes before the fall. Just sayin'. Go Tigers!!

Most Panther fans are pretty realistic. We know the Tigers aren’t going Krogerin’ just to roll over. We expect a hard fought amounts in battle. That said, like a lot of Tiger fans, we like our team.

Hope the Ray boy has a speedy and complete recovery. Hate for any kid to get hurt.

#HailPikeville
Nygfan106wins Wrote:How’d he get hurt ?

My understanding is that he jumped to celebrate the first TD vs KCD and came down and freakishly broke his tibia and dislocated his ankle. Any Tiger fans confirm for this commenter?
Good luck to both teams and hope it's injury free.
Josiewales Wrote:Pride comes before the fall.

Well if this isn’t one of the dumbest comments I have heard so far. Pride is also something you play for like proud of your school or team. I am sure Paintsville plays for pride, too. They should they have had a good year as has Pikeville. Talk football and don’t throw out statement because you don’t like Pikeville or theirs comments. Panthers is spelled with a (n) in it by the way
Held off from a prediction till I seen some film on their first game. Both teams have improved but I’ll have to give the edge to Pikeville due to their passing game improving since that game and after seeing the points that Williamsburg put up on Paintsvilles defense throwing the football.

Pikeville 35
Paintsville 14
Patriot, I really don't give two craps what you think about my comment. I stand by my comment. Go Tigers!!
Josiewales Wrote:Patriot, I really don't give two craps what you think about my comment. I stand by my comment. Go Tigers!!

You can stand by your go tigers comment as you should but still the other one is lame and I didn’t think you would care about what I thought but it don’t change the comment’s meaning any more sorry I made you mad.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11