Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Somerset
43.75%
Mayfield
56.25%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 2A State Championship: Somerset vs Mayfield
BJN0502 Wrote:Maybe so for some, but it also may be the lack in humility. Just a thought. People are more prone to be civil when they are conversing with someone who reciprocates respect. However, it seems that with most Mayfield fans respect is only earned when you beat them. Sportsmanship and a hard fought game just don't cut it. Once again I'm sure the good ole fashion butt whippins do play a factor, but for those who don't play Mayfield or have and did not win it just seems like self righteousness.

I have all the respect in the world for Somerset. But if you are not from Mayfield or never played for Mayfield you could never understand. It is unacceptable to lose no matter who you play it’s no about a hard fought game it is about being the best and when you do lose it’s big thing. People around here still believe participation trophies belong in the landfill. After watching Somerset play Breathitt Beachwood and LCA I see how good they are but I also saw a lot of blown coverages giving jumpers wide open receivers a quarterback that gets to run around for long periods of time in the backfield and running backs running through three or four tacklers trying to arm tackle a bus. Hopefully we won’t allow these things happen. Can’t wait though has been a long ride back past two years hope this ones different.
Messages In This Thread
Class 2A State Championship: Somerset vs Mayfield - by CARDFAN16 - 12-01-2019, 09:49 PM