Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Somerset
43.75%
Mayfield
56.25%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 2A State Championship: Somerset vs Mayfield
rookie57 Wrote:Just curious, where do u get mayfield is favorite by large margin? The RPI is a hairs width difference.

WestRedWings Wrote:Jumper it fans like you and MOST Cardinal fans that have humility and understand these games are huge to players and give everything they have. Thanks for the compliments but really believe two great teams are about to have a great game with rpis being as close as any two in the state this should be really great game.

The RPI seems to have done a pretty good job this season of setting up the brackets to where the best 2 teams in each class get a shot to play in the finals. However, I don't think it can really show how close a matchup will be. They don't take into account things like the experience of the team or the stage of the game. That makes a difference in a head to head matchup. Somerset has some kids that have started a lot of games and been in some tight spots, but they don't have the experience of the Cardinals on this stage. That could be huge.

I don't think there is a massive talent difference between these two teams. Either can win. That being said Somerset will have to play their best game of the season and get some breaks along the way to have a shot going into the 4th quarter. My hope is that they play a clean, mistake free game, leave it all on the field and see what happens. If they go out, unafraid, and play hard until the end I'll be happy with whatever the outcome may be.
Messages In This Thread
Class 2A State Championship: Somerset vs Mayfield - by Walt Longmire - 12-01-2019, 01:23 AM