Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Somerset
43.75%
Mayfield
56.25%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 2A State Championship: Somerset vs Mayfield
Jackson Purchase Wrote:Classic matchup of power versus speed. Mayfield hasn't seen an offensive and defensive line like Somerset since McCracken. The Cards got NO pressure on the QB that night and that can't happen again. Can Stinson play good with a collapsing pocket? Didn't against MCHS. Somerset hasn't seen anyone with team speed like Mayfield. Will they handle the pressure of championship football on Kroger field? Will they respond to the Cards "punch you in the mouth" 1st history. Such a great game on paper. It's really, really tough to call this one IMO. But I said Somerset was probably better in week 5 and I stand by it. Again.....I hope I'm wrong. Go Cards.

You have to bring in McCraken co. ‘ can Stinson play good with a collapsing pocket, didn’t against MC’ . Your right, he didn’t play GREAT, 3 interceptions, BUT, I wouldn’t go as far as saying he didn’t play good, 243 yards and 2 touchdowns, against the mighty 6A mustangs. I’m glad your pulling for us to win the state championship since McCraken Co has already won theirs when that beat mayfield, as it will be their hat hanging game every year right before their 2 or MAYBE 3 wins in the playoffs. Congrats to you and your son, he played awesome, I’d be proud 2.
Messages In This Thread
Class 2A State Championship: Somerset vs Mayfield - by rookie57 - 11-30-2019, 07:51 PM