Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Somerset
43.75%
Mayfield
56.25%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 2A State Championship: Somerset vs Mayfield
Mayfield is probably the favorite, but Somerset is no slouch... they've handled their business this year. I think the two Kades will be something to keep an eye on. I assume Somerset will shadow Neely with Grundy all day. After seeing Grundy in a few games online, the guy is an athlete and is a threat on both sides of the ball, but I would take Neely in that matchup everyday...and twice on Sunday. Somerset has some bruisers for running backs which could give the Mayfield front 7 some problems if they can sustain some drives. If I'm the somerset coach I try to establish a run game and sprinkle in some passes to Grundy... and keep the ball out of Mayfield's hands. For Mayfield, if Jayden is on target, and the line gives him a little time... I don't think they can be stopped, just too many weapons for a 2A team to keep up with. Sprinkle in a dose of Galbreath and that's a nightmare to scheme against. With all of that said:

Mayfield 42
Somerset 28
Messages In This Thread
Class 2A State Championship: Somerset vs Mayfield - by CS17 - 11-30-2019, 06:10 AM