Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Christian Academy 35 Somerset 34
bac2369 Wrote:Thought there was a few controversial flags in this one.

Officiating was fine but definitely not great. Somerset had a 20+ yard pass that looked to me like it bounced off the ground but the officials called it a catch. Then later in the game I felt like the play where Mikey Garland stripped the ball from the LCA runner was blown dead very quick, and on replay seemed to be blown dead after Garland already had the ball in his hands. Both plays occurred on scoring drives.

I don't think officiating overly affected the game either way, but it certainly wasn't great. All of the penalties that put Somerset behind the chains for most of the night though were legit calls. We've got to get that stuff cleaned up.

Special teams continues to plague the Jumpers. Missed the XP on the opening touchdown of the game, and then snapped the ball over the punter's head a little later. Either one of those goes our way and we might be looking at a different outcome. Somerset is obviously still a team capable of winning a state championship, but we're running out of time to get those things cleaned up.
Messages In This Thread
Lexington Christian Academy 35 Somerset 34 - by RoShamBo - 10-19-2019, 06:35 AM