Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluegrass Rivals Class 6A Rankings 9-23
Frank Martin Wrote:I agree with most of what you have said. My exceptions are that Douglas took all the good players in the city. This is not true. They do have the biggest concentration of the better players but there are several players scattered throughout the city that are as good or better individually than players on Douglas. Sure, most of these players have been recruited by Douglas in some form or fashion but they decided not to transfer. For some it just wasn’t the right thing to do, for some they couldn’t do it within the rules and didn’t want to cheat or lie (like some have done at FD, some caught and some not), and for some it just wasn’t possible, etc.. This has left some teams watered down talent wise. This coupled with a lack of administrative support at the fcps and/or school level, lack of parental support, lack of feeder programs and in some cases lack of good quality, give a crap coaching and player commitment has made for several mediocre teams. Another exception I take is that all they care about is beating the other mediocre team down the road. There are plenty of young men that are fully committed, fully capable and all in to compete and win. Unfortunately for them Football is a team sport and individuals can’t do it all by themselves. It is these young men that deserve more than grown ups who don’t understand the situation (not referring to you Eagle but there are several on here) saying they are soft or how terrible they are, etc.. I feel bad for these players that in a lot of cases did the right thing by staying in their district and with their teammates and school when several of their friends have left for the easier route, etc., or those that choose one of the fantastic academic programs at another school over a winning football program. I would also add that outside of a handful of Louisville schools and some of the states powerhouse programs, Lexington schools can and do compete with just about everyone else in the state and occasionally they produce a state level team. Just my thoughts and opinions on the matter.
I %100 agree with this. My statements were merely a generalization of these programs. There’s just not enough support!
Messages In This Thread
Bluegrass Rivals Class 6A Rankings 9-23 - by Eagle2009 - 09-27-2019, 01:49 AM