Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bluegrass Rivals Class 6A Rankings 9-23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Male
2. Trinity
3. North Hardin
4. Saint Xavier
5. Central Hardin
6. DuPont Manuel
7. Simon Kenton
8. Henderson County
9. Butler
10. McCracken County

The Bluegrass Rivals Rankings Committee is made up of members selected from this site.
Looks good
Is North Hardin that good to be ranked #3, Any comments Confusedhh:
Anyone care to give opinions on why 6A football in Lexington is so weak?
bigcat95 Wrote:Anyone care to give opinions on why 6A football in Lexington is so weak?

Too many moving parts. Confusedhh:
I can see that but Louisville doesn't seem to have the same issues
Looks good
North and Central Hardin's best win is E town. North has the defense and Central the offense. Plays out in a few weeks. Really don't think either will be # 3??? Henderson has never beaten McCracken and nothing changes this year IMO.
bigcat95 Wrote:I can see that but Louisville doesn't seem to have the same issues

I don't think there's as much of a gap between Lexington schools and Louisville schools as it would seem. The gap is with Trinity/Male/St. X and everyone else in the state. This year, sure, Lexington 6A is subpar. I think they're feeling the effects of FD, Catholic, and LCA being at the top of their respective classes. But over the past 20 years or so I think you could drop Henry Clay, Lafayette, Tates Creek, or Bryan Station into Louisville and they would be on the same level as Manual, Ballard, Butler, PRP, etc. It's just that the big 3 are so far ahead of the pack it makes Louisville 6A seem that much stronger than Lexington. There's really no other area in the state that's consistently competitive in 6A either.
RoShamBo Wrote:I don't think there's as much of a gap between Lexington schools and Louisville schools as it would seem. The gap is with Trinity/Male/St. X and everyone else in the state. This year, sure, Lexington 6A is subpar. I think they're feeling the effects of FD, Catholic, and LCA being at the top of their respective classes. But over the past 20 years or so I think you could drop Henry Clay, Lafayette, Tates Creek, or Bryan Station into Louisville and they would be on the same level as Manual, Ballard, Butler, PRP, etc. It's just that the big 3 are so far ahead of the pack it makes Louisville 6A seem that much stronger than Lexington. There's really no other area in the state that's consistently competitive in 6A either.

I disagree. Remove the big 3 from the equation and Louisville schools still consistently have better quality than Lexington schools. The top ten of 6A for the past decade according to Calpreps has been:
- 2018: #6 Butler, #9 Ballard vs #3 Frederick Douglass
- 2017: #6 Butler, #8 PRP vs #9 Frederick Douglass, #10 Tate's Creek
- 2016: #7 Manual, #9 PRP, #10 Ballard vs #3 Lafayette
- 2015: #9 Manual vs #5 Lafayette, #7 Bryan Station
- 2014: #5 Manual
- 2013: #6 Manual, #8 Butler
- 2012: #4 PRP, #5 Eastern, #6 Butler
- 2011: #4 Manual, #5 Butler, #9 Eastern
- 2010: #5 Manual, #6 Ballard, #10 Seneca vs #8 Henry Clay
- 2009: #6 Ballard, #8 Manual vs #7 Henry Clay

Lexington has produced a few good teams that rank high but they tend to lean on having great talent and can't sustain success.
64SUR Wrote:Is North Hardin that good to be ranked #3, Any comments Confusedhh:

I don't think so. I feel they have a solid claim on 4th, but I doubt they'd beat St. X. Yeah, the tigers lost huge to Male but so has everybody but Trinity. Plus, St. X has beaten better teams than North. Ballard and E-twon are good wins, but not as strong as Desales and Bowling, especially when you consider the score margins.
Bluegrass Rivals Class 6A Rankings 9-23 vs Calpreps top 2000 teams. A higher standard is needed in 6a to be informative.

1. Male 2-0
2. Trinity 3-1
3. North Hardin 0-0
4. Saint Xavier 1-1
5. Central Hardin 0-0
6. DuPont Manual 0-1
7. Simon Kenton 0-2
8. Henderson County 0-0
9. Butler 0-2
10. McCracken County 1-0

The Bluegrass Rivals Rankings Committee is made up of members selected from this site.
bigcat95 Wrote:Anyone care to give opinions on why 6A football in Lexington is so weak?
Its not a priority in these schools to form a football team to be proud of. Douglas took all of the good players in the city, like it or not its true. Some more fortunate kids get to play for the private schools (LC, LCA) which are both very competitive every single year. All of the other public 6a schools seem to just compete for city wins. All they want is to beat the other mediocre team down the road. Thats why Douglas is undefeated in the city. Once these schools have some staff changes and some momentum in their programs they can take off but i dont see that happening.
Eagle2009 Wrote:Its not a priority in these schools to form a football team to be proud of. Douglas took all of the good players in the city, like it or not its true. Some more fortunate kids get to play for the private schools (LC, LCA) which are both very competitive every single year. All of the other public 6a schools seem to just compete for city wins. All they want is to beat the other mediocre team down the road. Thats why Douglas is undefeated in the city. Once these schools have some staff changes and some momentum in their programs they can take off but i dont see that happening.

I agree with most of what you have said. My exceptions are that Douglas took all the good players in the city. This is not true. They do have the biggest concentration of the better players but there are several players scattered throughout the city that are as good or better individually than players on Douglas. Sure, most of these players have been recruited by Douglas in some form or fashion but they decided not to transfer. For some it just wasn’t the right thing to do, for some they couldn’t do it within the rules and didn’t want to cheat or lie (like some have done at FD, some caught and some not), and for some it just wasn’t possible, etc.. This has left some teams watered down talent wise. This coupled with a lack of administrative support at the fcps and/or school level, lack of parental support, lack of feeder programs and in some cases lack of good quality, give a crap coaching and player commitment has made for several mediocre teams. Another exception I take is that all they care about is beating the other mediocre team down the road. There are plenty of young men that are fully committed, fully capable and all in to compete and win. Unfortunately for them Football is a team sport and individuals can’t do it all by themselves. It is these young men that deserve more than grown ups who don’t understand the situation (not referring to you Eagle but there are several on here) saying they are soft or how terrible they are, etc.. I feel bad for these players that in a lot of cases did the right thing by staying in their district and with their teammates and school when several of their friends have left for the easier route, etc., or those that choose one of the fantastic academic programs at another school over a winning football program. I would also add that outside of a handful of Louisville schools and some of the states powerhouse programs, Lexington schools can and do compete with just about everyone else in the state and occasionally they produce a state level team. Just my thoughts and opinions on the matter.
Frank Martin Wrote:I agree with most of what you have said. My exceptions are that Douglas took all the good players in the city. This is not true. They do have the biggest concentration of the better players but there are several players scattered throughout the city that are as good or better individually than players on Douglas. Sure, most of these players have been recruited by Douglas in some form or fashion but they decided not to transfer. For some it just wasn’t the right thing to do, for some they couldn’t do it within the rules and didn’t want to cheat or lie (like some have done at FD, some caught and some not), and for some it just wasn’t possible, etc.. This has left some teams watered down talent wise. This coupled with a lack of administrative support at the fcps and/or school level, lack of parental support, lack of feeder programs and in some cases lack of good quality, give a crap coaching and player commitment has made for several mediocre teams. Another exception I take is that all they care about is beating the other mediocre team down the road. There are plenty of young men that are fully committed, fully capable and all in to compete and win. Unfortunately for them Football is a team sport and individuals can’t do it all by themselves. It is these young men that deserve more than grown ups who don’t understand the situation (not referring to you Eagle but there are several on here) saying they are soft or how terrible they are, etc.. I feel bad for these players that in a lot of cases did the right thing by staying in their district and with their teammates and school when several of their friends have left for the easier route, etc., or those that choose one of the fantastic academic programs at another school over a winning football program. I would also add that outside of a handful of Louisville schools and some of the states powerhouse programs, Lexington schools can and do compete with just about everyone else in the state and occasionally they produce a state level team. Just my thoughts and opinions on the matter.
I %100 agree with this. My statements were merely a generalization of these programs. There’s just not enough support!