Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Franklin Simpson 14 Johnson Central 12 (4A State Championship)
First off, congratulations to both teams for making it to the finals....I think we can all agree that the 2 best teams in class 4A were represented at Kroger Field. I also believe that in every contest there is a winner and a loser...that's the way it is
..that's the way it's always been. Human factors must be taken into account in any competition...sometimes those things go your way, sometines they don't. That's how we get better people, that's how we learn, from our mistakes.There was alot of human behavior on display in our game....excitement, frustration, anger, athleticism, strength, resilience, responsibility, etc. That's why we love sports...they put on display the very best of human traits.
I am extremely disappointed that we lost, and I agree with the old Knute Rockne quote,"Show me a good and gracious loser and I'll show you a failure." Of course we get upset...if you're okay with losing, if just good enough is acceptable to you, then we cannot reach new heights. Losing, in most cases, is a powerful motivator for competitors.
My son, #1 for JC, was on the bad end of both those calls...but we've always taught him that if you stay disciplined and take care of business you completelely eliminate any role the officials have in the outcome. If we needed the officials help to win that game, I would have just as soon lost. We've always taught him to win on his own merit...not to seek favouritism or look for special treatment. There is no reward, no honor in a victory like that.
The Wildcats were well prepared. Most times my son said they were calling out our plays as we approached the line of scrimmage. That's good prep by the kids and coaching staff. Franklin Simpson deserves the credit, they bent but didn't break in the Red Zone. We had our opportunities, we squandered them away. I tip my cap to the players and coaches from Franklin Simpson for their efforts in making this the best of the 3 games we've played. I have nothing but love and respect for our seniors...you left it all on the field, just as you should have...for that reason, have no regrets. For our future Eagles...keep the tradition strong...stay the course...keep the faith. The new season starts TODAY!!!!
Messages In This Thread
Franklin Simpson 14 Johnson Central 12 (4A State Championship) - by BoltCoach9 - 12-03-2018, 03:38 PM