Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Franklin Simpson 14 Johnson Central 12 (4A State Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Final
Congratulations to Franklin Simpson! I'm going to eat my crow now.
3 great games so far. But turned out the way I wanted.
Guess JC didn’t watch the Corbin game last night on taking points in the redzone via field goal instead of gambling and going for it. 2-6 won’t get it done in that area.
Thought JC would get it done. Congrats to FS
Wow, another great game with 2 evenly matched teams. I was impressed with both teams defenses, although, both found a way to grind out some yards. This was the definition of a slobbernocker if I ever saw one. Both teams had some big, strong kids, but, also had more speed than I anticipated. JC just couldn't get the ball in the end zone when they got into the red zone. Credit FS for stiffening up when challenged. FS made a couple more big plays and got the W.. Congrats to the Wildcats on the Championship and to JC on a hard fought game and great season.

I know a lot of people are talking about all the powerhouse 3a teams moving up next year, but, man, these 2 teams aren't going anywhere and won't be an easy task for any of them..
JC had all the opportunities in the world to win this game but you have to finish drives. It hurts having two touchdowns called back but there was still plenty of chances that JC let slip.

Congrats to Franklin-Simpson on back to back championships. They are a tough, fast team. These two teams have dominated 4A the last few years but the road back to finals gets even more difficult next year. I’d love to see a fourth game though.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Wow, another great game with 2 evenly matched teams. I was impressed with both teams defenses, although, both found a way to grind out some yards. This was the definition of a slobbernocker if I ever saw one. Both teams had some big, strong kids, but, also had more speed than I anticipated. JC just couldn't get the ball in the end zone when they got into the red zone. Credit FS for stiffening up when challenged. FS made a couple more big plays and got the W.. Congrats to the Wildcats on the Championship and to JC on a hard fought game and great season.

I know a lot of people are talking about all the powerhouse 3a teams moving up next year, but, man, these 2 teams aren't going anywhere and won't be an easy task for any of them..

Agreed. I don’t think any of the 3A teams would beat FS
Way to go Cats!
Congratulations, FS. I never thought JC would be held to so few points. A team has to find a way to score more than 12 points on 305 total yards of offense, but FS played outstanding red zone defense tonight.

All JC needed to do to win was score 9 points in the second half and they left an almost certain 3 points on the table before scoring the final touchdown. The chances of making a short FG seemed better than making a two point conversion.

This may have been JC's most productive offensive team ever and FS held it to 12 points. Bass and McKinney are a lethal combination and JC held FS to 14 points. I am really surprised that the game was such a defensive struggle.

Congratulations to the JC players and staff on another very successful season. I am already looking forward to next season.
Congrats to FS. Congrats to JC on a great season.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Wow, another great game with 2 evenly matched teams. I was impressed with both teams defenses, although, both found a way to grind out some yards. This was the definition of a slobbernocker if I ever saw one. Both teams had some big, strong kids, but, also had more speed than I anticipated. JC just couldn't get the ball in the end zone when they got into the red zone. Credit FS for stiffening up when challenged. FS made a couple more big plays and got the W.. Congrats to the Wildcats on the Championship and to JC on a hard fought game and great season.

If Boyle, Corbin, Central, or Lexington Catholic thinks they'll go to 4A and dominate right away, which I dont think they do, then their badly mistaken. I dont think either 4 or Belfry could beat either Johnson Central or Franklin Simpson this year.
Been a rough weekend for the East. All so close
JC had a rough night in the redzone. Last i had heard they was 1 for 5. Goes to show that FS defense stiffened up big time against a strong offense from JC.
#55PirateFan Wrote:If Boyle, Corbin, Central, or Lexington Catholic thinks they'll come to 4A and dominate right away, which I dont think they do, then their badly mistaken. I dont think either 4 or Belfry could beat either Johnson Central or Franklin Simpson this year.

Looking forward to the challenge.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Congratulations, FS. I never thought JC would be held to so few points. A team has to find a way to score more than 12 points on 305 total yards of offense, but FS played outstanding red zone defense tonight.

All JC needed to do to win was score 9 points in the second half and they left an almost certain 3 points on the table before scoring the final touchdown. The chances of making a short FG seemed better than making a two point conversion.

This may have been JC's most productive offensive team ever and FS held it to 12 points. Bass and McKinney are a lethal combination and JC held FS to 14 points. I am really surprised that the game was such a defensive struggle.

Congratulations to the JC players and staff on another very successful season. I am already looking forward to next season.
I agree on both points Hoot. I thought our offense was significantly better this year compared to last year. That just goes to show how strong FS was on defense. I do wish we could have seen this offense with Seth Dalton he would have really opened up the passing game we lacked all year. It was a big ask for him to play any snaps today after being injured all year though.

It’s a difficult call but I also thought we should have kicked the short field goal. Headley is an accurate kicker despite missing the first one. JC got into a touchdown chasing mindset instead realizing every time you go into the red zone you have to get points even if it’s only a field goal. 3 points totally changes the complexion of the game especially with our defense playing so tough.

Very proud of the effort of the team. I’m excited to see this team compete against some new teams like Corbin, Boyle, and Louisville Central if we get the opportunity. We return a ton of talent so it should be another good year in Johnsonville.
Tough loss for Eagles. Like Pikeville and Corbin there are a lot of what ifs.
Congratulations Franklin Simpson on the 4A State Title. :1:
Congratulations Franklin-Simpson on win :Cheerlead This was big boy football game.
Was it just me or did anyone else notice the kids on both sides were jacked. JC's kids, even the RBs and DBs have some cannons for arms. Wasn't much different on the FS side. They must have really good offseason weight programs, is all I can say..
Riley Preece was the best player on the field tonight by far , but leave it to a Refereeing squad that has to huddle up for what seemed like an eternity on a motion penalty to take a great night away from a great individual effort away from Riley on one for sure bogus penalty call possibly 2 bogus calls .
#55PirateFan Wrote:Congratulations to Franklin Simpson! I'm going to eat my crow now.

Don’t eat crow FS got one handed to them!!
We’re these the worst refs ever in the finals? Corbins and now JC’s? They’ve really schooled the mountains this year.
Hound05 Wrote:We’re these the worst refs ever in the finals? Corbins and now JC’s? They’ve really schooled the mountains this year.

The Khsaa is a joke if these are the best refs they can come up with for a championship game!!
What is this I am hearing one of the red wives dressed in blue and white rooting for FS 😳🤫🤭🤔
ram-97 Wrote:Don’t eat crow FS got one handed to them!!
Confusedtare:
How did the officials huddling and discussing something take away from anything? Just curious what you mean. Possibly 2 bogus calls? Please explain.
ram-97 Wrote:Riley Preece was the best player on the field tonight by far , but leave it to a Refereeing squad that has to huddle up for what seemed like an eternity on a motion penalty to take a great night away from a great individual effort away from Riley on one for sure bogus penalty call possibly 2 bogus calls .

How does that away from a performance? Just curious? What 2 bogus calls? Not arguing, just curious your take.
ram-97 Wrote:Don’t eat crow FS got one handed to them!!

Please explain.....
ram-97 Wrote:The Khsaa is a joke if these are the best refs they can come up with for a championship game!!

You're obviously upset. I'm just curious what you're upset about. Wasnt there but watched it streaming.
Pages: 1 2 3 4