Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3A State Championship Boyle 40 Corbin 21
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I said on the other thread what I felt about it. The biggest difference was boyles offensive line vs Corbin's defensive line. Boyle was able to block us one on one up front with consistent success. This allowed them to get bodies on our backers. Although boyles skill players were very good and fast, I think the reason they got behind us was because our DB's were worried too much about the run. Boyles defense was pretty good but I think Corbin did a pretty good job of moving the ball on them. I think we did a poor job of executing once we got into the redzone, that took two scores off the board. I felt Corbin won the special teams battle by far, but as anyone who follows middle school football knows, that's going to improve next season with the smith kid. All in all I think if Corbin had played their best game they would've had a chance to win. I think the moment got to them a little and they didn't bring their A game, especially in the first quarter. Boyle is a quality team with a ton returning, as is corbin. I think it'll be a great game next season at Campbell field.

Since we're playing this game how about you Boyle guys give an evaluation of Corbin?

I'm your Huckleberry. Smile

I gave my thoughts on the original thread (pregame) that I referenced above which happened to be dead on.

I don't think your fans or the Redhounds respected/expected the Rebels team size/speed.

Your schedule was referenced several times as being better but to be honest that turned out to be false.

I thought we had a HUGE advantage on both sides of the ball, which proved to be true. I also knew that we would flourish in that environment because of preparation and how our kids thrive on the big stage at UK (as several of them Camp there and have been gameday guests).

Our rush defense was great all year and we were +33 on turnover margin for the season. I knew you wouldn't be able to run consistently on us and that you'd have to throw the ball which we were comfortable with defending.

On a positive note for you guys, you are relatively young and have some fantastic players to build on. Plus a ton of kids in the pipeline that can play. If #12 comes back next season that is HUGE and I look forward to the rematch in Corbin being a dogfight (if we both make it).

In a nutshell, I believe the biggest factors in the game was OL/DL play, the speed of the turf and how our sophomores were far more skilled than Corbin was prepared for.

I also believe our coaching staff developed a game plan that put our kids in the best possible situations for success. I know they were very confident that our personnel would get the job done based upon that preparation.
Messages In This Thread
3A State Championship Boyle 40 Corbin 21 - by FoSho - 12-08-2017, 09:39 PM