Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Franklin Simpson
12.50%
Johnson Central
87.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Franklin Simpson vs. Johnson Central (4A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP)
ekywildcat Wrote:Really amazing how Coach Matney turned the program around so quickly! Kids want to play well for him. I saw that during Rookie League baseball this past summer, they listened and did what he instructed them to do. Great coach and a better man.

In 2003 season, we finished the season with about 35-40 players.

When Jim came to JC in 2004, our numbers went up to well over 50. Several of the players that didn't come out in the '03 season was on the field and making plays in the '04 season.
Since then, our numbers have stayed around the 55 to 65 players, some seasons we've had more on the roster.

JC is one of the largest 4A schools by population in the state, maybe even the largest. The talent has always been there. The right coach at the right time came along and was able to keep the football field from being turned in to a parking lot.

'00: 11-1 (This was the best season in JC's history up to this point)
'01: 2-8
'02: 2-8
'03: 1-9
'04: 7-3
'05: 8-3
'06: 13-1 - This was the rumored (and I stress the word rumored) year the football field was projected to be turned in to a parking lot if the football program didn't improve by then. However on that cold Friday night after Thanksgiving, we were playing in our first ever semi-state game and had the largest crowd for a football game in school history.
Eleven years later we've played in three straight state championship games and have put up one 4A state championship billboard with more to come.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Messages In This Thread
Franklin Simpson vs. Johnson Central (4A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP) - by Pulp Fiction - 11-27-2017, 05:31 PM