Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My prediction for UK's 2017 schedule
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Sept. 2nd @ Southern Mississippi
Last year, the Golden Eagles and Shannon Dawson hit UK in the mouth in CWS. I see UK getting revenge in Hattiesburg.
1-0

Sept. 9th vs. Eastern Kentucky Univ.
The Colonels almost stole a big W two years ago in CWS. I see a more focused and talented UK team taking care of business early.
2-0

Sept. 16th @ South Carolina
UK has beat the Gamecocks three years in a row. This will more than likely be a night game in Columbia. It will also be the first road SEC game for several players. I'm still going with the Cats. South Carolina will play on the road @ Missouri the week before for the Columbia Cup trophy. UK has two games to figure some things out. South Carolina has two tough games to open the season.
3-0

Sept. 23rd vs. Florida
THIS IS THE YEAR........ THE 30 LOSING YEAR STREAK ENDS!!!!!!!
Florida plays Tennessee the week before, UK (should) come in to this game 3-0 and a fan base than feels like this is finally the year. Our talent is as close to Florida's as it's ever been during this dreadful streak. UK cuts the head off the Gator and shows the SEC we really can win the East.
4-0

Sept. 30th vs. Eastern Michigan
UK is riding high after finally beating the Gators. After a big play or two early in the game, UK takes care of business in the 3rd qtr.
5-0

Oct. 7th vs. Missouri
Missouri will come in to this game after playing a tough Auburn team and will have to go to Georgia the following week. UK makes it three in a row vs. Missouri and is undefeated in SEC play.
6-0

Oct. 14th is the OPEN Week..... and in theory, it sets up perfect. Six games down, hopefully eight more to go.

Oct. 21st @ Mississippi State
UK kicked a field goal last year to get the 40-38 win in CWS. This could be a game UK has a stinker game. On the road after the Open week and having to play Tennessee next Saturday.... all of these could add up and see UK loose their first game of the season. This is a very winnable game, UK just has to take care of business.
6-1 or 7-0

Oct. 28th vs. Tennessee
The Vols make the trip north. It seemed like Tennessee was imploding last season before UK played them. But Dobbs ran all over the place on us. The Saturday night before Halloween could see that ugly pumpkin color orange get smeared all over the field at CWS.
7-1 or 8-0

Nov. 4th vs. Ole Miss
Ole Miss is a program that is on the 'ropes.' Being a UK fan and wanting to see UK have the best season of my lifetime, I'm gonna give the nod to UK only because this game is at CWS.
8-1 or 9-0

Nov. 11th @ Vanderbilt
UK has to beat the Dores.... for UK to be a legit SEC team, they have to beat Vandy on a regular basis. Last time in Nashville, UK played like a terrible NAIA team. I see the Cats getting a big W.
9-1 or 10-0

Nov. 18th @ Georgia
The Dawgs committed highway robbery last in CWS. Their nerdy looking kicker and a few costly turnovers saw the Dawgs leave Lexington with a W. Georgia plays on the road @ Auburn the week before and they play in a major rivalry game @ Georgia Tech the week after. UK wins this game and they win the SEC East for the first time and go to their first ever SEC championship game. Let's hope Georgia overlooks us.
10-1 or 11-0

Nov. 25th vs. Louisville
Since Petrino wouldn't let any media record their Spring game, we really don't know what they have. Lamar's fumble late in the 4th qtr. gave UK a major Win last year and has boosted UK's program. UK sends the Heisman winner out with an L in his last time in CWS and sees UK go to the SEC Championship game.
11-1 or 12-0

That's right.... I have UK going 11-1 or 12-0. This is MY predictions, if you don't like it... do your own list. This is the best Talent and Depth UK has had on their roster, maybe ever. Players who would have started five seasons ago and we would have been pumped over is now on the scout team or getting 3rd team reps. Our schedule isn't easy, but we don't have Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, LSU or Texas A&M this year.

Then again, I could be totally wrong. UK could go 3-9 or worse. However, I don't see it. The coaching staff is better, the talent and depth is finally close to mid-level SEC schools and our schedule sets up for a historic and program changing (for the better) season. For the first time our Cats could (and should) be in the Playoff rankings. We may not make the playoffs, but we will be looking at a premier New Years Day bowl or better.

UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY
2017 SEC EAST CHAMPIONS

Southern Miss: :Thumbs:

EKU: :Thumbs:

South Carolina: :Thumbs:

Florida: :flush:

Eastern Michigan: :Thumbs:

4-1, we are 4-1 after 5 weeks of play. It's not been pretty, but I will say UK teams in the past few years would be 0-5 or 1-4. This team is tough and not the same UK team we are used to seeing.
9 or 10 wins are still a very real possibility.

Of the remaining seven games, only one game looks out of reach as of now.... I see a very very possible six wins of the seven games.

Missouri looks terrible.

Miss. St. has their highs & their lows.

Tennessee is a dumpster fire, they are just about ready to come off the track.

Ole Miss doesn't look that good, plus they will be coming off of three of tough SEC games.

Vandy can be a win, we are better than they are... but have to play like it.

Georgia... let's all hope they over look us. Florida the week before & Georgia Tech the week after. They are looking very good.

Loserville doesn't look near as good as they did last year. Anything can happen in a rivalry game.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Messages In This Thread
My prediction for UK's 2017 schedule - by Spud6 - 04-17-2017, 11:04 PM
My prediction for UK's 2017 schedule - by Motley - 04-26-2017, 03:22 PM
My prediction for UK's 2017 schedule - by Megget - 06-27-2017, 05:12 AM
My prediction for UK's 2017 schedule - by kywvfan - 07-11-2017, 11:51 PM
My prediction for UK's 2017 schedule - by Megget - 07-24-2017, 01:40 AM
My prediction for UK's 2017 schedule - by LWC - 08-26-2017, 02:02 AM
My prediction for UK's 2017 schedule - by LWC - 08-26-2017, 02:07 AM
My prediction for UK's 2017 schedule - by Pulp Fiction - 10-02-2017, 12:25 PM
My prediction for UK's 2017 schedule - by Spud6 - 10-12-2017, 10:42 PM