Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pick your favorite Sophomores out of the 15th Region
"Matney's Prodigey" Wrote:I didn't say Crum was not on their level I said he was just below them. That means they are just playing better than Crum right now. Crum is a good ball player, I am pretty sure I said that. Just because I am not stuck up his ass (like you seem to be) does not mean he is any less of a player. He has had a great sophmore season, but you can not say he has had the season that Slone or Vanhoose has had. (Paintsville is 18-9 ; SC is 10-14) They have better stats and have been more consistent. They both also have a regional tournament apperance under their belts from last year where as Crum does not. He is a very good player or I wouldn't have included him in the post, but in everyones eyes he plays second fiddle to May. Crum lacks the size, strength, and physical presence to play May's spot so don't try to say that he could do what May does. May would have a much easier time playing at the point, since he sometimes plays wing any way, than Crum would have playing down low. Why did you even call me out on this post? It had nothing to do with you. You act like I talked about him being an awful ball player, when I didn't. I said he was one of the top 3 sophmores in the region. That is pretty good considering the company he is in. I'm not sure what your problem is, but you are showing your true character or should I say lack there of.

You really need to get a life, you think cardsfan has his head stuck up Crum's
butt? From what I've read you sound like you have yours up May's. I think you are both right and wrong about some of the things you post. Jaryd will never get the chance to have the season that Slone or Vanhoose has had nor the regional tournament appearance as long as he is at S.C.. Their team will never be as good as Paintsville's either for the simple fact that J.R. is their coach and B.M.R is Paintsville's. As far as Crum playing second fiddle to May, he may just do that, but without Crum's ball-handling skills and his abilities to pass the ball,break the press and assist his teammates, May would have a rough road of it. It's not a "one man show" like some would want you to believe. As far as Crum's shortcomings that you may point out Matney's Prodigy, you will never find another player at that school that is more determined to train and improve himself than Jaryd Crum. I know when he reads this that he will be very hurt by some of your comments. Do you ever have a problem looking him in the eye going down the hallway at school. You may say that you are his buddy, but you have made some rather disrespectful comments about him bickering back and forth with cardsfan. Do you think that he really needs you to tell him who he plays second to? Brandon is a great ball player ,but just because he is a senior does not make it "his team" He has nothing else to prove, this is his final year. Crum has two more years of ball to go. I'm sure he could really care less about proving himself to you, but I know that he expects nothing than his best at every game and when he can't have that he still tries to improve.You will never find another player with more drive than Jaryd Crum!!! That's all I've got to say about that!
Messages In This Thread
Pick your favorite Sophomores out of the 15th Region - by brokencard - 02-24-2006, 12:05 AM