Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lex. Christian
29.03%
Shelby Valley
70.97%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Christian @ Shelby Valley (11/14)
Folks, it's almost game time!

I know there have been a few predictions of a blowout on here, in both directions. Honestly I don't see how anyone figures on either team blowing out the other. The teams seem very evenly matched, as evidenced by their games against common opponents:

- SV beat Leslie by 3 on the road, LCA beat them by 18 at home.
- SV beat Somerset by 10 at home, LCA beat them by 1 on the road.
- Both teams lost at Paintsville, SV by 10 and LCA by 12.

Another factor keeping this one close should be the fact that both teams are almost entirely run-oriented, so the cold weather tonight should not affect either offense more than the other.

To me, the key for tonight's game is turnovers, more specifically on Shelby Valley's side. Both their losses could be attributed directly to untimely fumbles. Although the wing-T offense is partly to blame, several of the drops have occurred after a clean handoff. SV simply must do a better job of holding on to the football.

I will predict (hope?) that Valley limits the turnovers, and in turn keeps Whitman off the field and on the sideline. I'll go with the home team in a squeaker.

SV - 22
LCA - 20
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Lexington Christian @ Shelby Valley (11/14) - by More Cowbell - 11-14-2014, 09:49 PM