Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic @ Johnson Central 4A Playoffs 2nd round
honestjchsfan Wrote:I am not sure myself how good JC is. I think they are better on the offensive side of the Football this season. The JC QB is a playmaker who throws the football with a nice touch. IMO the JC Halfbacks are much quicker this season too. Last season JC had trouble catching the football against Cov Cath. The JC WRs had no problem beating the Cov Cath DBs deep but dropped 2 for sure TDs and maybe a 3rd drop was a td. Last season JC couldn't stop Cov Cath's shot gun read option and that will tell the Tale this year too. I think last years JC defense was bigger and stronger but that doesn't mean a whole lot anymore. IMO if the JC defense is more discipline and smarter this year they will beat Cov Cath. The Key to this game is JC's defense. I think JC has a big advantage in the kicking game also.

I'm pretty sure Covington Catholic is not quaking in their boots about the JC passing game. The only reason JC has ANY success throwing the ball is every one sells out trying to stop their running game. Due to that, JC can sneek a pass in once in a while surpeising the other team.

Average game 4 attempts 2 completions 86 yards

CC is used to seeing more passing than that in the first two minutes of any regular season game they play. IF CC can slow down JC's running game and get up a couple of scores, it will be lights out. If JC gets up a couple of scores and can grind it out, it's a long trip home for the Colonels.

Workman, Bryce 5 - 5 - 119
Workman, Bryce 7 - 2 - 58
Workman, Bryce 4 - 2 - 61
Workman, Bryce 2 - 2 - 70
Workman, Bryce 7 - 4 - 148
Workman, Bryce 3 - 3 - 63
Workman, Bryce 3 - 2 - 56
Workman, Bryce 4 - 4 - 172
Workman, Bryce 1 - 1 - 36
Workman, Bryce 3 - 1 - 36
Workman, Bryce 7 - 5 - 123
Messages In This Thread
Covington Catholic @ Johnson Central 4A Playoffs 2nd round - by Blau Vogel - 11-09-2014, 11:12 PM