Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic 80 Clay County 78 (KHSAA Sweet 16 1st RD)
#1anddone Wrote:I agree on playing sports and having a good time while in high school. If you are good at something and win its gonna be fun no matter what. On the other hand, most of the kids in Eastern Kentucky can't pay for college out of pocket without financial assistance. A scholarship for sports gives kids an opportunity to go to college for free or paying very little. Whether you go to a small school or a D1 school college is expensive. As sophomores these kids don't have that in there head, but I guarantee there parents do. If a kid plays two sports and is good at both, but doesn't get offered a scholarship for either what have they accomplished. If they play one and concentrate on that sport and get a scholarship it will benefit him the rest of his life.

Hey we all have opinions. I'm not arguing here, just stating my opinion.

I firmly believe, for example; if a high school football player has the desire, is athletic enough and willing to work hard enough to get a football scholarship, playing basketball will not impeded that path. Same goes for the basketball player that plays football.

If he doesn't have the desire and the work ethic, it's all fun and games anyway.

It is my opinion that encouraging a kid to quit a sport he loves has no positive outcome.

I'm an old man and have talked to so many guys that regretted not playing a particular sport while in high school. I've also talked to a bunch that will regret quitting one for the rest of their lives...I'm one of em. I lettered in football, track and basketball. I didn't play basketball my sophomore and junior years...I regret it every day.

Wes needs to do what Wes wants to do, if he does he'll be fine.
Messages In This Thread
Covington Catholic 80 Clay County 78 (KHSAA Sweet 16 1st RD) - by SKINNYPIG - 03-24-2014, 07:01 PM