Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic 80 Clay County 78 (KHSAA Sweet 16 1st RD)
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:I'm going to be very upfront. It is very difficult to play 3 sports in hs, but one can be very successful in 2. There are very few young men who get the opportunity to play at the next level whether it be D1, D2, D3 or NAIA. If I were Wes I probably would focus on one. He has the athleticism to play at some level in college in both sports if he continues to progress. The whole D1 thing needs to be put into perspective. Way too many kids parents have outrageous beliefs. The 4 best guards in the state tournament (Justice, Gilbert, McDaniel and Ruthsatz) and none have committed or signed to a D1 scholarship for basketball. I'm not a football expert or recruiter but I do believe it is easier to play at the next level, or rather get a scholarship. An example being Hudson from Hazard who played 1 season of football before signing to play D1. Kids need to play, have fun and bust their butt if they have dreams of furthering there career. A scholarship is a scholarship whether it be Alice Lloyd, Union, EKU, or UK.

I agree with what u just said except 2 of the 4 does have D -1 offers. But u made my point exactly other than chip the kids are one sport athletes. Now if a kid cannot play at the next level then heck play 10 sports. But it all about each kids personal desires. If he wants to be a college athlete then he should be realistic. If he dedicates his self to one sport he will be better weather it be football, basketball or water polo
Messages In This Thread
Covington Catholic 80 Clay County 78 (KHSAA Sweet 16 1st RD) - by BrokenArrow - 03-24-2014, 12:26 PM