Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowling Green backs....err, buys out return trip to Blackman.
Ok here is a thought. Stay with me. If one doesn't want to get an unsportsmanlike called against them and possibly risk getting kicked out and having to sit out the first game of the playoffs one would only need to show sportsmanship. Not too hard in my book. Keep your mouth shut, play clean, and let your pads do the talking. The picture above, cropped or not shows an obvious personal foul (hands to the face) and should have been called. Not much to argue about there.

Officials don't go looking to throw unsportsmanlike flags on high school kids for no reason. It is naive to think that nothing was said or done to earn the flags. Your going to say that without a doubt that nothing was said to the ref when the kid came walking past him and brushed up against him? That this grown man was just looking to throw a flag? That the kid wasn't frustrated and didn't voice his frustration?

If you go over to the Coach T message board you will find a 22 page thread about this game. The first 50 or so posts are Blackman chest pounding and then 20 pages of "they cheated". I thought the Cumberland River was going to overflow with all the tears pouring in. I would encourage everyone to visit. It is worth a good laugh.

Hoover Alabama on TV and your still crying? For what it's worth I don't like BG backing out of this game but I also understand that if Coach Wallace thought for a moment that his kids were at risk of a "payback" he would feel obligated to keep his kids safe. Go and read the thread on the other site and see for yourself if you would want to go play infront of some of those fans and risk something bad going down. Not hard to read between the lines.
Messages In This Thread
Bowling Green backs....err, buys out return trip to Blackman. - by fanof87 - 02-25-2014, 08:20 PM