Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vote Coach Haywood USAToday Best HS Coach
Belfry0304 Wrote:New strategy, we seem to share some favorite pro teams according to your listings on here... I'll trade you tickets for votes! Lol.

Coaching resume does not reflect what Philip Haywood means to our community, there have been better coaches in each round. But I am hard presses to believe there are any better men. Respect your reasoning though!

Tickets for votes...now we're talking! Haha.

Despite the fact that I really like Rick Jones, I won't argue on what Coach Haywood means to your community. Given that it seems like every Belfry player and fan would run through a brick wall for him if given the opportunity, I have no doubt that he is a first class, honorable human being. I made the statement in the thread about the young man making the perfect ACT score about hard workers in our society being more few and far between than ever. It is people like Haywood I admire for instilling those hard-working values into our kids that are lacking today. Heck, people whine about working 20 - 40 hours a week anymore. I haven't met Haywood or even come close to being around him, but as much as I rag on his coaching record in the state finals, I certainly won't question what he does for his players as a person or his character. If Haywood was 0-500 in his career but instilled good working values into his players, that would be all that matters.

With that being said, I think we could say the same about any of the great coaches on this list in terms of character. Thus, it comes down to record. So, I'm going with Jones.
Messages In This Thread
Vote Coach Haywood USAToday Best HS Coach - by WideRight05 - 10-23-2013, 04:32 PM