Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dominque Hawkins named Kentucky Mr. Basketball
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Well, boys and girls, we shall see. Somehow I don't see much of an upside to recruits whose main credentials are that they are from the Commonwealth and that they will be around for four years. But, maybe I need some "wisdom" from Mix1 to understand it.

Coach Rupp once said that if winning weren't important, they wouldn't keep score. In the end, I support UK winning rather than offering local scholarships to local recruits who are really no more than three star prospects at absolute best. Although your bench may look sharp, you don't win championships with such players. If UK wants boys who will stay around for four years, it should take in some more walk ons and let them man the bench for the duration. I'm sure Hood is a fine young man. He just isn't remotely a prime time basketball player- and neither is Hawkins.

Bad mouth me all you want with your emotional arguments but, if you know anything about present day college basketball, you know I am correct.

You've established that you've got 7655675 degrees, I really don't think you need my wisdom. Cal does not give scholarships for shits and giggles. Anyone with wisdom of him should know that.

Mix1...
Messages In This Thread
Dominque Hawkins named Kentucky Mr. Basketball - by Mix1 - 03-31-2013, 04:31 PM