Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dominque Hawkins named Kentucky Mr. Basketball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hawkins led Madison Central to their first Boys Basketball State Championship!
Was announced today!
Congrats! I hope he gets a chance to go to Uk!
the right choice, congrats
Spud6 Wrote:Congrats! I hope he gets a chance to go to Uk!

UK doesn't need to waste a scholarship on another Mr. Basketball. Signing the boy from Bullitt East was a mistake. Let's not make another mistake. They don't need any more Jon Hoods.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:UK doesn't need to waste a scholarship on another Mr. Basketball. Signing the boy from Bullitt East was a mistake. Let's not make another mistake. They don't need any more Jon Hoods.

And this place doesn't need ignorant post from ignorant people as you. Go pull for that other team up the road, you'd fit right in with their ignorant fans.

Mix1...
Mix1 Wrote:And this place doesn't need ignorant post from ignorant people as you. Go pull for that other team up the road, you'd fit right in with their ignorant fans.

Mix1...

Why is he an ignorant fan? Because he has an opinion different from yours?
Mix1 Wrote:And this place doesn't need ignorant post from ignorant people as you. Go pull for that other team up the road, you'd fit right in with their ignorant fans.

Mix1...

Nice post, Mix1. Sorry to burst your bubble. As a matter of fact, I hold three degrees, including a doctorate, from UK. While at UK, I worked parttime for the athletic department as a tutor. I am also a season ticket holder and have been for many years. I've seen too many scholarships wasted through the years. UK doesn't need to waste any more just to sign a Mr. Basketball of lower D-1 ability.

Hawkins cannot play at UK. I suspect that your fan worship blinds your assessment. Hawkins can probably play at EKU or Morehead. He cannot play at UK. He will only take up a scholarship that can be far better used elsewhere. The same is absolutely true in regard to the boy from Bullitt East.

By the way, I have stated some of my credentials in regard to ties to UK. Can I assume that yours are more than owning a UK hoodie?
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Nice post, Mix1. Sorry to burst your bubble. As a matter of fact, I hold three degrees, including a doctorate, from UK. While at UK, I worked parttime for the athletic department as a tutor. I am also a season ticket holder and have been for many years. I've seen too many scholarships wasted through the years. UK doesn't need to waste any more just to sign a Mr. Basketball of lower D-1 ability.

Hawkins cannot play at UK. I suspect that your fan worship blinds your assessment. Hawkins can probably play at EKU or Morehead. He cannot play at UK. He will only take up a scholarship that can be far better used elsewhere. The same is absolutely true in regard to the boy from Bullitt East.

By the way, I have stated some of my credentials in regard to ties to UK. Can I assume that yours are more than owning a UK hoodie?

LOL!!!!!!! Burn...:flame:

Confusednicker:
5 Star Elite Wrote:Why is he an ignorant fan? Because he has an opinion different from yours?

Putting Hawkins and Hood down is being arrogant. Hood has busted his ass for UK and talking crap about him is BS. Excuse the hell outa me for taking up for a UK player.

Mix1...
:insane:
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Nice post, Mix1. Sorry to burst your bubble. As a matter of fact, I hold three degrees, including a doctorate, from UK. While at UK, I worked parttime for the athletic department as a tutor. I am also a season ticket holder and have been for many years. I've seen too many scholarships wasted through the years. UK doesn't need to waste any more just to sign a Mr. Basketball of lower D-1 ability.

You wanna cookie for being so smart? I work in the coal mines. Although I do have a degree from college. But I'm not on here bragging about it and putting UK players down. Willis is recruited as a 4 year player as is Hawkins. You can't win with all freshman and no upperclassman. Without you get last seasons results. If you have all those degrees as stated, you'd be smart enough to figure that out. Anyone can be book smart, as I can tell.

Mix1...
I don't give a damn what kind of degree u have... Hawkins can play and down the road will help UK...
ekff Wrote:I don't give a damn what kind of degree u have... Hawkins can play and down the road will help UK...

Agree,, he just had 30 pts against the Harrison twins. We need a 4 year player, and he fits that to a T. Be a good spark plug off the bench. If last years team had half the heart of Hood and Polson, we'd have been in the tourney.

Mix1...
Willis is a wasted scholarship. Hawkins has some great ability and I think he would be the type of kid to bust his butt to see time on the court at Rupp. Hawkins can flat play ball. No he's not a great shooter, a great handler and he doesn't have great size at 6'-6'1 175-180 but the kid seems like he has a desire to win and he does a lot of things good.
Well, boys and girls, we shall see. Somehow I don't see much of an upside to recruits whose main credentials are that they are from the Commonwealth and that they will be around for four years. But, maybe I need some "wisdom" from Mix1 to understand it.

Coach Rupp once said that if winning weren't important, they wouldn't keep score. In the end, I support UK winning rather than offering local scholarships to local recruits who are really no more than three star prospects at absolute best. Although your bench may look sharp, you don't win championships with such players. If UK wants boys who will stay around for four years, it should take in some more walk ons and let them man the bench for the duration. I'm sure Hood is a fine young man. He just isn't remotely a prime time basketball player- and neither is Hawkins.

Bad mouth me all you want with your emotional arguments but, if you know anything about present day college basketball, you know I am correct.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Well, boys and girls, we shall see. Somehow I don't see much of an upside to recruits whose main credentials are that they are from the Commonwealth and that they will be around for four years. But, maybe I need some "wisdom" from Mix1 to understand it.

Coach Rupp once said that if winning weren't important, they wouldn't keep score. In the end, I support UK winning rather than offering local scholarships to local recruits who are really no more than three star prospects at absolute best. Although your bench may look sharp, you don't win championships with such players. If UK wants boys who will stay around for four years, it should take in some more walk ons and let them man the bench for the duration. I'm sure Hood is a fine young man. He just isn't remotely a prime time basketball player- and neither is Hawkins.

Bad mouth me all you want with your emotional arguments but, if you know anything about present day college basketball, you know I am correct.

You've established that you've got 7655675 degrees, I really don't think you need my wisdom. Cal does not give scholarships for shits and giggles. Anyone with wisdom of him should know that.

Mix1...
Mix1 Wrote:You've established that you've got 7655675 degrees, I really don't think you need my wisdom. Cal does not give scholarships for shits and giggles. Anyone with wisdom of him should know that.

Mix1...

Actually, Mix1, I don't think "wisdom" is a word that I should or would associate with the level of your posts. Still, I'm pleased that you are, from all appearances, a Wildcat loyalist. Since you implied otherwise, my earlier post was merely to suggest that I have a number of ties to UK and its athletic program. Unfortunately, you obviously got hung up on college degrees.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Actually, Mix1, I don't think "wisdom" is a word that I should or would associate with the level of your posts. Still, I'm pleased that you are, from all appearances, a Wildcat loyalist. Since you implied otherwise, my earlier post was merely to suggest that I have a number of ties to UK and its athletic program. Unfortunately, you obviously got hung up on college degrees.

I've got numerous ties to the athletic program, as well as NBA scouts and college scouts. And yes I'm a UK loyalist. I know more than what you are giving credit for.
Mix1...
Mix1 Wrote:I've got numerous ties to the athletic program, as well as NBA scouts and college scouts. And yes I'm a UK loyalist. I know more than what you are giving credit for.
Mix1...

On that point, Mix1, we are in agreement. I have concluded that your know nothing. Thus, you probably do know a little more than the level of credit I extend to you.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:On that point, Mix1, we are in agreement. I have concluded that your know nothing. Thus, you probably do know a little more than the level of credit I extend to you.

I'm not here to satisfy and tickle your nut sack. Could care less about your arrogant up bringing. Would even venture to say your a college drop out with no ties to any part of UK. Prolly live in the basement of your moms.

Mix1...
More than anyone's degrees here, what is really important is Cal has coached a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP team. If he thinks Hawkins is worth a scholarship, no one on this board can give me one damn reason why CAL is wrong.
allenc4 Wrote:More than anyone's degrees here, what is really important is Cal has coached a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP team. If he thinks Hawkins is worth a scholarship, no one on this board can give me one damn reason why CAL is wrong.

I've tried to tell a certain person that but he thinks it's a wasted scholarship and Willis's also. In 3-4 years, I'd say a lot will be eating crow on those 2.

Mix1...
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:On that point, Mix1, we are in agreement. I have concluded that your know nothing. Thus, you probably do know a little more than the level of credit I extend to you.

If I know nothing as you stated, howd I know Ryan and Archie were leaving weeks ago? Howd I know Randle was going to choose UK days before he announced? And how do I know Alex is putting his name in the NBA draft with announcement tomorrow? And Wiggins will choose UK which I've been saying for weeks.

Mix1...
Well, its been a very interesting conversation to read. Lively debate!
Congrats to Hawkins. Good luck in blue.
Congrats
I hope to see Hawkins in Blue.
Hawkins is making his college Decision tomorrow (Wednesday) morning at 8:15am
I hope to see him in Red and White... WKU!