Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just incase anybody is wondering.....
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I have some questions for you guys.

(1) "For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him." (Leviticus 20:9)

(2) If in spite of this you still do not listen to me but continue to be hostile toward me, 28 then in my anger I will be hostile toward you, and I myself will punish you for your sins seven times over. 29 You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters."(Leviticus 26:27-30)

(3) "Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother." (Mark 12:19)

Can you explain these to me?

Whew! These are pretty intense questions. :biggrin: I enjoyed answering them, I hope the answers are clear.

(1) - Lev 20:9 lists one of the sins that was to be dealt with by the death penalty. Before you allow the harsh tone of this verse to cause you a lot of stress understand to be cursed is no small matter. The best way I can think of to illustrate the seriousness of a curse is to look at Cain's punishment. Genesis 4:9-15 (KJV)
9 And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?
10 And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.
11 And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;
12 When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.
13 And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear.
14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.
15 And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

We live in the last days and traditional values are under withering satanic attack. God's laws were meant to protect man, not punish him. The 5th commandment was not to be considered of minor importance. In Lev 19:3 an Israelite was instructed to fear his father and mother. In Romans 1:31 Paul spoke of those "without natural affection." And we are told that in the last days children will be disobedient to parents, and men will be without natural affection 2Timothy 3:2-3. This characterized the heathen of the past and will characterize the heathen of the last days. And yet, is it really any wonder that natural affection has gone by the wayside? With the blood of 55 million unborn on our nation's hands we are certainly reaping what we have sown.

(2) - Anybody who thinks God is not angry with sin every day needs to read the entire 26th Chapter of Leviticus. God warns Israel that if they do not obey Him and honor His Holy Word that all the things He listed in the chapter by way of judgment would come to pass. In fact the Jews did eat their own children as was recorded in 2 Kings 6:26-29 (KJV)
26 And as the king of Israel was passing by upon the wall, there cried a woman unto him, saying, Help, my lord, O king.
27 And he said, If the LORD do not help thee, whence shall I help thee? out of the barnfloor, or out of the winepress?
28 And the king said unto her, What aileth thee? And she answered, This woman said unto me, Give thy son, that we may eat him to day, and we will eat my son to morrow.
29 So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son.

God's judgment is a terrible and fearsome thing. So much so that even the sight of God is enough to kill any man. And, in fact, at the Great White Throne Judgment in which, all who have not trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ's perfect substitutionary death on the cross to deliver them, will not be able to speak a single word in His presence.

(3) - This verse (Mark 12:19) is just a lead-in to trap Jesus into making a mistake by the Sadducees, the "liberals" of Jesus' day, who denied the resurrection and life after death, along with angels and miracles. They raised a hypothetical case in verses 20-23 as follows. Here's a widow who has been married, in turn, to each of seven brothers. "At the resurrection," they asked (subtly ridiculing this doctrine in which they did not believe), "whose wife will she be?"

Jesus' answer affirmed the authority of Scripture. Their error arose from the fact that "you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God." Jesus explained the answer in Mark 24&25, that there is no marriage in heaven: the saints there, like the angels, will not wed. But, to return to the verse Quoted Mark 12:19, which as for resurrection (the KJV uses the term "the dead" here), Jesus pinned His teaching on the tense of a verb. God said to Moses, "I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob." God did not say, "I was" their God. Obviously then Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob must have been living when God spoke those words, even though they had died physically centuries before. The Sadducees, like the liberals of every age, were quick to discount the authority of the Word of God.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Just incase anybody is wondering..... - by TheRealThing - 03-27-2013, 06:54 PM
Just incase anybody is wondering..... - by vector - 05-16-2013, 05:42 PM