Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs. Fairview (1A State Championship) 11/30
Do-double-gg Wrote:I'm not even joking,that is the exact word for word thing that people from Highlands were saying in 2002 until Rockcastle County got a hold of em. If Fairview has a good enough run game I don't care what you saw from other teams or how good you think you are at stopping the run they will have some sucess on you. You can talk all day about this team plays the Fairview system and that team plays the Fairview system but the problem is,none of those teams are Fairview. Comparing how you did on a team who plays a lot like the next teams is about as reliable as comparing the score on common opponents. There is one huge flaw in your theory,what if Fairview is a lot better then the teams you are trying to compare with. I would not be surprised if Fairview don't start this game throwing the ball like crazy to set up the run. I know some people said they have a nice QB and Receivers but they just never need to throw much, I would bet that Mayfield is thinking run all the way.

Ur right none of the teams we played were fairview... this was a referral to the size and how ppl were stating that they were going to pancake us.. simply stating as far as size we have faced bigger.. it is a reliable enough for me as well as 99% of the mayfield faithfull bc there is just not much gettin bigger than wat graves had this year.. it is to know that a big line will not hurt us cause we can adjust.. we will adjust!
Now back to that statment.. just as I said at the state level more than a running game has to be astablished if u expect to win.. with that being said my players are well aware of the ability of a running game being used to control a game . They also knoe that fairview can pass if they have to but luckly they have not had to all year.. that will mostlikly change in the morning.. we have a fairly fast backfield on d so if they go to the run an chuck .. this game will turn ugly fast... mark the words.... ! They are better off tryin to break a run on hopes a player slips or a hold does not get seen...
Thats anoutherthing.. how pinality prone is this fairview team? Anyone know

Fball u started the bet not me I just said mayfield 48-13. Then u said someting about would not win by 21.. im kinda like mayfieldcardinal.. I dont even remember how I made that avatar...
Messages In This Thread
Mayfield vs. Fairview (1A State Championship) 11/30 - by ontopofthewest - 11-29-2012, 03:25 PM