Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs. Fairview (1A State Championship) 11/30
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Stack the Box. Make Fairview throw. Huge weakness is at QB. If you get them in 3rd and long they just like to chuck it down field and hope one of their athletes goes and gets it. they will run some wildcat with king also. If not for the big play they wouldn't have beat Raceland. I know their people will dispute that. but king had 8 touches for 8 yards. Turner killed us with about 130 on the ground but 80 of those came on one play. other than the big plays they hit they really didn't do much against Raceland. we got them in 3rd and long and their QB just threw it up for grabs and their athletes made some great grabs. Defensively they always like to bring one more than you can block on every down. they also like to do press coverage with their corners right up on your receivers. They may not do this against Mayfield because mayfield has more athletes than Fairview does. there ya go mayfield I've told you how to beat Fairview. Now go out and execute.

Thanks ram... althought myson stated that are coaches prob already know this I still enjoyed the info for I have not had the time to watch all the films I rely on ppl like u to inform us..
Its pretty much like myson stated.. they putem in the box and the screen and slants will kill them . Containing their running game will be the whole focus of the game.. it may take a posession or two but we will adjust and shut them down .. hence the bw game .. it took till halftime to stop it.. but it all stopped for them once we regrouped.. if we force them to chuck it. Well its is going to get ugly.. im still stickin with my score.
48-13. Mayfield. Oh ya. FBALL how about that bet..
Messages In This Thread
Mayfield vs. Fairview (1A State Championship) 11/30 - by ontopofthewest - 11-28-2012, 12:36 PM