Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs. Fairview (1A State Championship) 11/30
Live Maroon Wrote:I had planned on staying out of this and certainly want to leave Pikeville out of this, this game is between Fairview and Mayfield. I, too, thought the light schedule Fairview played would impact them as they progressed through the playoffs. I was completely wrong. They pretty much kicked our tail (sorry PHSForever) and demolished a pretty decent Hazard team. So this game might be closer than people think. HOWEVER, when I look at Mayfield's schedule and see they lost to WARREN CENTRAL BY ONLY 14 in the first game of the season and have wins over teams like Paducah Tilghman and comfortable wins over teams like Kentucky Country Day and a 3 TD win over Beechwood AT BEECHWOOD in November, that's all I need to see. Mayfield takes this one by 2 TDs.

That is what I am talking about, granted I know much of nothing about raceland and fairview than what I have seen on film and I have seen Hazard twice at the state championship, so I do have an appreciation of 2 or 3 teams in the east, but I think most know of teams like Tilghman, Warren Central and Beechwood, not to mention Graves County who had warren central right down to the end of the game, Graves was not a slouch this year and we beat them handily.
Messages In This Thread
Mayfield vs. Fairview (1A State Championship) 11/30 - by gobigredMHS - 11-27-2012, 10:13 AM