Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs. Fairview (1A State Championship) 11/30
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Big difference is Mayfield is light years better than Pikeville who has not been relivent since the 1980's
Pikeville was "relevant" into the 90's and has started to climb back up after dropping for a few years. Hazard knows exactly how relevant they were last year, Pikeville gave them a heck of a game in the semi-finals. Pikeville also stood toe to toe with Fairview until the 4th qtr really, a couple of weeks ago, as it was only 20-14 at the half, with Pikeville giving away two possible scores (1 sure one at the goal line) that could have put them up at the half. Don't be too dismissive, Pikeville has a very bright future over the next several years. Having said that, I've watched some of the Mayfield film, and I agree, a very good looking team. I honestly think overall, the fact that Fairview has a seperate O line and a D line will keep them fresh enough to keep it close. Besides giving each other time to rest, they are fast, extremely physical, and big. Last year's Hazard vs this year's Fairview would have been a whale of a game. This year's state championship game may just be the equivalent of that. Sure wish I was able to go.
Messages In This Thread
Mayfield vs. Fairview (1A State Championship) 11/30 - by PHSForever - 11-27-2012, 08:57 AM