Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs. Fairview (1A State Championship) 11/30
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:That restraining order and there suspensions were later lifted from Huntington high when more facts came out. The khsaa rułed them ineligible and it ended up in the courts. The courts ruled against the khsaa and said they were eligible to play. And after hearing more information of what happened in Huntington that's what should of happened. They should've never been expelled and Huntington high practically admitted so.and as far as class I saw no bad sportsmanship from either team and it was nothing but conpliments after the game from the fairview kids. It seems to be a great group and a special group for the area to enjoy.

The players were declared eligible by the Boyd Circuit Court. Fairview is located in Boyd County. Does anyone really believe that a home county judge would rule against a home county school?

The question will be if KHSAA appeals the decision to a higher court. The result may well be different when the case reaches a more "neutral court".
I would think that KHSAA must appeal or lose credibility. If KHSAA wins on appeal, the rules say that Fairview will be responsible for all costs incurred by KHSAA in this matter.

It could get interesting but that will be up to KHSAA. Either they will protect their territory or look weak.

I will root for Fairview on the field but I still believe in a final decision off the field.
Messages In This Thread
Mayfield vs. Fairview (1A State Championship) 11/30 - by Memo Luna - 11-25-2012, 06:29 PM