Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs. Fairview (1A State Championship) 11/30
mysonis55 Wrote:I don't want to sound too cocky, but I think we can win this one if we play like we did in the second half of the Bwood game. This Fairview team is a run dominant team. They prefer the wing t look. We have a tad bit of experience against such a scheme. I dont think they have played any teams that are as balanced offensively as we are either. I think Hazard's strength on defense was nulified by this bunch because they do not throw that much. Hazard's best defensive asset was the def backs. They had trouble with the running team coming right at them. I think our def is more geared towards stopping the run first.

I think Hazard had some issues offensively. The kid they had get injured early in the year was a big time contributor on both sides of the ball not saying hew would have changed the outcome but i think it would have been different. I also read that Hazards team speed looked really slow. I know we dont have that problem. I think Fairviews line is bigger but we have done very well agianst that this year. Coach Champion has done a great job teaching our line how to out quick an opponent. I feel good about the game
Messages In This Thread
Mayfield vs. Fairview (1A State Championship) 11/30 - by rednblackattack - 11-24-2012, 09:05 AM