Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 41 Ashland 16 (Freshmen Kiwanis Bowl)
DevilWatcher Wrote:Russell's kicker even help out with an assist on a tackle that could have easily been a score. It was a good team effort. These kids have beat up on one another since 2nd grade in the JFL and have waited patiently for this freshman season to arrive. Ashland had a great team also but I believe Sammy and Mitch just wore the front line down IMO. Games are fought and won in the trenches. Lol

And it could have been worse all year for opposing teams. Mitch Redden played out of position, he was moved to center after johnny went down. Redden was replaced by denial mell at tackle. Nothing against the job he did but Redden outweighs him by 30-40 lbs. That really makes a big difference late 3rd quarter and into the 4th having that big body pound you all nite. Also Russell had defensive starter and good running back dismissed from the team in the 3rd wk of the season. Obviously they couldn't have improved record wise, but they would have been even more dominate in their wins. I'm excited about the future with this soph, fresh, and eighth grade class. I think they have a chance to make some noise
Messages In This Thread