Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County's Coal Miner Memorial Stadium
Patriot Wrote:I think it's fine the way it is maybe more visitor bleachers, better restrooms, turf field, and I'm not sure about locker rooms. But the field, home stands, and atmosphere are good. I'm a fan of natural grass but the turf is the way things are going. Sports raise a lot of money for schools the kids should reap those benefits!

Our restrooms are way to small and thats something that needed changed a long time ago. Most away teams dont know that you can go into the gym entrance and use the much larger restrooms and so they stand in line forever waiting.
I hate turf, wouldnt hurt my feeling to never see it at Whitley.
We should have expanded the vistors bleachers a long time ago. I think attendance has kept it from really being pushed, but when i played it was standing room only for most games, now were lucky to have both sides full, although there usually packed on the home side.

At Whitley, and most other schools, football should get what they want first. Football pays for baseball, soccer, golf, and other things that cant make enough money to support itself. The football boosters play a big part in every school being able to play all sports, especially girls sports, but with Title Nine, its hard to distinguish what the schools can do with it.

Im fine with just having a football team Confusednicker:
Messages In This Thread
Harlan County's Coal Miner Memorial Stadium - by RunItUpTheGut - 10-19-2012, 01:20 AM