Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge 66 - Belfry 54 (15th Region Semi-finals)
red&white Wrote:Belfry 0304 This is a the place to talk B Ball why tell me to stop talking about the facts.I said with work Kosongo may be the best player in ky next year.But as for now he is not.Other players are better right now.He has improved and I hope the kid goes any where he wants.Grow up talk B ball and stop telling me to shut up.The kid has the ability thats a fact but nice dunks dont make him great.I think he will end up much better than any big man since Todd May from virgie. We will see! But for now he has lots of work to do good luck to him.Dont forget Messer is a D1 prospect in football and is also a beast on the boards give him the credit he deserves he has proved himself Kosongo is yet to!!!!
Just my 2 cents. While it is true Messer is an outstanding basketball (and football) player, the fact is, Kosongo has higher upside in BASKETBALL. Messer might be a better all-around player right now, but I say that with reservation, because Kosongo is in a different system, whereas Messer is in a system that highlights him. So maybe better in terms of stats because he is the focus. But in terms of talent? Not even close, it's Kosongo. And I've seen both of these players several times against different defenses, etc.

I've said all along, that Ray must get better at sealing off the defender so entry passes have a better chance of reaching him. Pikeville was able to effectively neutralize him in the 2 games they played in which he played (out of 3 times ER-PHS played) because the smaller post players were able to cut in front of him and deflect/steal passes. Messer is/was better at sealing off than Ray, which is why he was more effective, IMO. But at D-1 level, Ray is a PF all the way, and I personally think he has a better outside shot and more range than Messer, who would be a SF at best in college if he were to stick to basketball. Just my 2 cents. They are both very good high school basketball players, especially for this area, and both have their plusses and minuses. So no one is knocking Tony, just chill out, redandwhite.
Messages In This Thread
East Ridge 66 - Belfry 54 (15th Region Semi-finals) - by PHSForever - 03-05-2012, 11:19 AM