Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Ridge 66 - Belfry 54 (15th Region Semi-finals)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.

Johnny Miller with 26, 5-8 from three.

How bout them Warriors? Hahahahah!
Got to see this one live! I was extremely disappointed from the lack of class from the East Ridge crowd but I was very pleased with the play of the team. Incredible game, Kasongo played a great second half and the technical foul on him was a bogus call. But this was a joy to watch and I am proud to be a Warrior!
I'm sure they were just as classy as anyone else around here is lol
Congrats ER

Miller is for real:flame::flame::flame: :flame:
Nice to see refs who are fair.You may not like the call but you cant hang on the rim flush it and move on. East ridge was the better team. You did not have anybody but Belfry refs to foul out the whole team.Import kids from canada and you can win.Way to go home grown boys.I will take Messer over Kosanga any day of the week. Nice job Pirates!!!TongueirateSho
red&white Wrote:Nice to see refs who are fair.You may not like the call but you cant hang on the rim flush it and move on. East ridge was the better team. You did not have anybody but Belfry refs to foul out the whole team.Import kids from canada and you can win.Way to go home grown boys.I will take Messer over Kosanga any day of the week. Nice job Pirates!!!TongueirateSho

You mean the Kasongo who had 3 dunks and was even fouled on one? Everyone wants to bring up the Canada stuff when they lose. Bottom line is you lost so get over it.
red&white.... YOU MAD BRO??? hahaha
Please When Belfry won its state in football it sent 1 player to UK and 4 to Pikeville college. When I read those 2 colleges programs ALL 5 players listed their hometown as in WVA I know all the stories Their still mountain boys A good program draws players yada yada yada They are still transfers I dont care how they got there.
E.R. won, but certainly didn't have their best game. E.R. made a ton of mistakes, and got killed on the boards, especially in the 1st half. Belfry played very hard, and gave it their best game. I thought the officiating was poor on both sides. There were no less than 15 traveling calls, the Technical foul on Kosongo's dunk stunk! Anyway, like I said, I thought it was poor on both sides. As far as the Canada remarks above....... Well, its been said so many times, I do wish they could get some new lines. I guess the world has crybabies, so I will have to accept them for what they are. J.C. looked very good tonight. E.R. will have to bring its best game to have a chance.
The technical call should have on Ray's first dunk, if anything. The only call I disagreed with was the last dunk, the foul was on the floor. It's all good though, East Ridge came to play tonight. As far as those players from Belfry's state teams listing from WV, that's where you're born. I am "from" Williamson, WV but never lived outside Pike County, lol. I don't care if they have egyptians out there, the mission was to win. We didn't. Bring it back to Pike County, Warriors! Pirate Nation supports you, GOOD LUCK!
red&white Wrote:Nice to see refs who are fair.You may not like the call but you cant hang on the rim flush it and move on. East ridge was the better team. You did not have anybody but Belfry refs to foul out the whole team.Import kids from canada and you can win.Way to go home grown boys.I will take Messer over Kosanga any day of the week. Nice job Pirates!!!TongueirateSho
First of all the T on the dunk was bogus, if anything he hung on the rim on the first dunk way more than he did on the one he got t'd up for. You are right on one thing ER was the better team but to say Messer(who is a decent player) is better than Kosanga is crazy, if Kosango keeps his cool like he has the last couple of games, I would have to say that he is better by far of the two. Messer looked as if he was scared to death to take the ball up against Kosango which resulted in Messer pretty much traveling every time in the post, or just throwing it up trying to get a shot off, I guess he didn't want to taste the leather, but that happens to a lot of them that goes against Kosango under the goal.
justabballfan Wrote:First of all the T on the dunk was bogus, if anything he hung on the rim on the first dunk way more than he did on the one he got t'd up for. You are right on one thing ER was the better team but to say Messer(who is a decent player) is better than Kosanga is crazy, if Kosango keeps his cool like he has the last couple of games, I would have to say that he is better by far of the two. Messer looked as if he was scared to death to take the ball up against Kosango which resulted in Messer pretty much traveling every time in the post, or just throwing it up trying to get a shot off, I guess he didn't want to taste the leather, but that happens to a lot of them that goes against Kosango under the goal.

Must agree with most of what you said. Tony is a damn good ball player however, Kasongo is on another level. That is a legitimate division one forward.
Way to go Warriors! Johnny Miller is the man! Also glad to see ER's seniors stepping up. Cory and Hayden have both played great the last two games. One more to go boys!!!
Don't turn this discussion into argument about recruiting or any of that crap dudes, please. Found some pics, courtesy of Dusty Layne.

[Image: fjl4cj.jpg]

[Image: rigtop.jpg]
Ray is very fun to watch!

Saw the kids from ER wearing those Canadian Flag + American Flag = something..(Didn't really get to read it) and it kind of made me feel bad for the other kids on ER's team. It's like the only reason their winning is because of the transfers. And we know it is the reason..lol But you don't have to make it obvious.
Haha take tony out put in michale fields then take out ray and put in Patrick Coleman ... I bet. We still beat you !!!!!!
Spud6 Wrote:Ray is very fun to watch!

Saw the kids from ER wearing those Canadian Flag + American Flag = something..(Didn't really get to read it) and it kind of made me feel bad for the other kids on ER's team. It's like the only reason their winning is because of the transfers. And we know it is the reason..lol But you don't have to make it obvious.

Hahaha..the team is why ER is winning. If we had to single out one player though, it'd definitely be the freshman, Johnny Miller.

Last I checked, Miller was leading the scoring. That boy is from Feds Creek, not Canada.
yeah but if it wasnt for ray or tony the E.R team wouldnt be as far as they are now and everybody knows it
East Ridge 66, Belfry 54

East Ridge’s three-point barrage was just too much.

The Warriors sank 58 percent of their tries Friday night and punched their ticket to a 15th Region championship by defeating Belfry, 66-54, at the Eastern Kentucky Expo Center.

Freshman guard Johnny Miller pumped in a game-high 26 points to lead East Ridge (19-12), which will play in its first regional championship since 2004. The Warriors hit 7-of-12 attempts from behind-the-arc and connected on 22 of 40 for the game (55 percent).

Junior Ray Kasongo, a transfer from Canada, added 15 points, seven rebounds and four blocks.

Tony Messer led Belfry (10-19) with 16 points and 13 rebounds for his 24th double-double of the season. Gary Runyon added 11 points and 11 boards.

East Ridge is coached by former UK player Preston Lemaster, who is in his first season at the school.http://dailyindependent.com/localsports/...ion-finals
East Ridge (66) – Tony Wolter 2 2-2 6; Kory Thacker 0(1) 0-0 3; Johnny Miller 3(5) 5-6 26; Ray Kasongo 6 3-7 15; Hayden Mullins 3(1) 0-0 9; Michael Fields 0 5-6 5; Patrick Coleman 1 0-0 2. Totals: 15(7)) 15-21 66.

Belfry (54) – Gary Runyon 5 1-3 11; Nick Turner 4(1) 3-5 14; Josh Robinson 3 1-4 7; Brett Charles 0(1) 0-0 3; Tony Messer 7 2-4 16. Totals: 19(3) 7-16 54.

EAST RIDGE 7 14 21 24 — 66

BELFRY 12 6 19 17 — 54
Not Mad Belfry played hard and im very proud of the team.Yes we have kids who have come from WV but the last I checked WV is less than 5 minutes from Belfry HOME GROWN!! I have no problem with kids who transfer no problem with the kids who came from canada.I did not bad mouth East Ridge only the 15th region refs they are awful.On My earlier post I said the better team won. No I dont think East Ridge wins without the canada kids,and Im sure most that are not from ER will say the same.Congrats ER good luck monday.I also said I take Messer over the big canadian any day better all around player.
Messer out scored and out rebounded Kosango.Sure you go under the baskett against some one that is 4 inches taller jumps like a rabbit you have to pump fake.He did and more times than not beat Kosango.You need to look at both games as a whole and the stats prove Messer got the better of Kosongo in both the games.I think he all but doubled in rebounds.Messer was not scared just smart.
red&white Wrote:Messer out scored and out rebounded Kosango.Sure you go under the baskett against some one that is 4 inches taller jumps like a rabbit you have to pump fake.He did and more times than not beat Kosango.You need to look at both games as a whole and the stats prove Messer got the better of Kosongo in both the games.I think he all but doubled in rebounds.Messer was not scared just smart.

Messer is tough! I knew he was going to be a problem. He may not have the best overall basketball ability, personally, I think he's a better football player, but he sure plays hard! Messer is the key to Belfry's team, you stop him, or keep him in check, it limits Belfry's ability to do things. Belfry killed E.R. on the boards, especially in the first half. I thought they played well, just a little outmanned. I thought the depth was the real difference, Belfry runs, and Messer got a little tired in the 2nd half. I'm not putting him down in anyway by saying that, but in my opinion, he did get tired. I thought Coleman did a good job defending him when he was in the game. Pat's an excellent defensive player, probably not as much an offensive threat, but he does a good job on defense. As far as transfers go, well, I'm not going there again, but lets just say Belfry has had their share over the years. Where they live is just geography, by making statements like " Well he's from such and such, he's still homegrown" is just an attempt to justify your transfers. I remember the days when Belfry had girls transfer from W.VA to play ball, then go back to their school, and come back the next year. I promise you, Belfry has had MORE than their share of that over the years.

That shirt reads American flag + Canadian flag= East Ridge. I got a giggle out of that first time I saw it. I found it ironic that people lit Pikeville up for having a shirt that said 23+24=3 (Branham + Rowe = 3's, in other words) and said we obviously failed math.

But as I said before, Messer is tough, and Runyon being guarded by Mullins, correct? I wasn't able to make it to the game, so I don't know, just saw that the point totals were fairly even between those two. Congrats East Ridge, now it is time to focus on Johnson Central, whom it sounds like totally exposed Betsy Layne. I'm sure Pikeville would love to have that game back.
Red&white, relax. We lost man. It happens. I'll raise hell about transfers when they beat us at football, lol. I can honestly say every school has kids who live outside of their attendance zone. Luckily those Belfry kids are there from like 5th grade up. Even though Ray and Tony just transferred, I still don't care. You beat who they put in front of you or go home. Tough luck. Here's to hoping East Ridge brings it back to Pike County again! Also, been talking to Wolter on Facebook, awesome guy and I gained alot of respect for him. Can't wait to see both these kids doing it big. (wonder how they'd look in scarlet and grey?)
Belfry0304 Wrote:Red&white, relax. We lost man. It happens. I'll raise hell about transfers when they beat us at football, lol. I can honestly say every school has kids who live outside of their attendance zone. Luckily those Belfry kids are there from like 5th grade up. Even though Ray and Tony just transferred, I still don't care. You beat who they put in front of you or go home. Tough luck. Here's to hoping East Ridge brings it back to Pike County again! Also, been talking to Wolter on Facebook, awesome guy and I gained alot of respect for him. Can't wait to see both these kids doing it big. (wonder how they'd look in scarlet and grey?)

Nice post. I feel the same way! I sure wish we could beat you in football! Your football program is one everyone should aspire to be and beat!
Pages: 1 2