Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Ridge 66 - Belfry 54 (15th Region Semi-finals)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
fedscreekviking Wrote:Please When Belfry won its state in football it sent 1 player to UK and 4 to Pikeville college. When I read those 2 colleges programs ALL 5 players listed their hometown as in WVA I know all the stories Their still mountain boys A good program draws players yada yada yada They are still transfers I dont care how they got there.

I don't know what you were smoking or drinking when you supposedly read those facts in the programs!!!!! Not even worth any more of a reply....
School Admin. Wrote:Nice post. I feel the same way! I sure wish we could beat you in football! Your football program is one everyone should aspire to be and beat!

Thank you for the compliment, our coaches put so much into the football program with a lot of hard work and it really pays off with how well we've done over the past 30 or so years. I hope to see all of the Pike County programs doing well in the future (but I prefer for it to be done right, through hard work, good coaching, not illegally recruiting) and winning, just as long as my Pirates are still top dog! Haha.
I attended Pikeville college games and a UK game Programs read for all 5 players High school Belfry Hometown WVA I dont know if they printed the programs wrong but I am intelligent enough to know what I read You're just looking through red colored glasses
I never said a bad thing about the transfers.We all have them.The stats prove messer is all around better player.Yes Kasongo is a hell of an athlete.That said he needs alot of work to live up to the hype.Yes with the effort and hard work in the off season the kid could dominate the game next year.Some of you guys see 2 or 3 dunks that you dont see much around here and you crown him.Kosongo is not even in the top 15 in rebounds for his size I say thats a problem that needs corrected.Messer is 6th in the state and had 24 double doubles in a row. Nuff said! Kosongo has great ability if they can get him to work hard he will be a force.I said right now I take Messer anyday he has beat alot of kids bigger Kosongo,Hall,Mason Pack at tug valley and nick lee at mingo central and dont have their size or athletic ability.Dunks count 2 points as does a layup.I agree Messer got tired but he played every min of the game He out played 2or 3 who came in to help East Ridge.
Alright, stop the recruit arguing. Discuss the game people...not the hometowns of the players.
red&white Wrote:I never said a bad thing about the transfers.We all have them.The stats prove messer is all around better player.Yes Kasongo is a hell of an athlete.That said he needs alot of work to live up to the hype.Yes with the effort and hard work in the off season the kid could dominate the game next year.Some of you guys see 2 or 3 dunks that you dont see much around here and you crown him.Kosongo is not even in the top 15 in rebounds for his size I say thats a problem that needs corrected.Messer is 6th in the state and had 24 double doubles in a row. Nuff said! Kosongo has great ability if they can get him to work hard he will be a force.I said right now I take Messer anyday he has beat alot of kids bigger Kosongo,Hall,Mason Pack at tug valley and nick lee at mingo central and dont have their size or athletic ability.Dunks count 2 points as does a layup.I agree Messer got tired but he played every min of the game He out played 2or 3 who came in to help East Ridge.

Just stop, man. Tony is good but Ray Kasongo is a D1 POWER FORWARD. Just relax. You're making BHS look bad.
Messer is an excellent player and was a force in the paint all season long, nobody is questioning that. However, Kasongo's upside is unbelieveably high and we will all just have to wait and see how he develops. From what I saw in the game last night compared to just a couple of months ago, Ray Kasongo was a different player. I hope he continues to improve.
I believe Kasongo the bench was warned after Kasongos first dunk. On the second one he did a friggen pull up. It was clearly a technical. Like no argument legit technical. You cannot do that. As for the game ER was the better team, but Belfry played harder.
^The other kid was "Like no argument legit" only a couple of inches from him. Why would he risk falling and rolling an ankle or worse? Come on, you're better then that! Bad post was bad.
Belfry 0304 This is a the place to talk B Ball why tell me to stop talking about the facts.I said with work Kosongo may be the best player in ky next year.But as for now he is not.Other players are better right now.He has improved and I hope the kid goes any where he wants.Grow up talk B ball and stop telling me to shut up.The kid has the ability thats a fact but nice dunks dont make him great.I think he will end up much better than any big man since Todd May from virgie. We will see! But for now he has lots of work to do good luck to him.Dont forget Messer is a D1 prospect in football and is also a beast on the boards give him the credit he deserves he has proved himself Kosongo is yet to!!!!
red&white Wrote:Belfry 0304 This is a the place to talk B Ball why tell me to stop talking about the facts.I said with work Kosongo may be the best player in ky next year.But as for now he is not.Other players are better right now.He has improved and I hope the kid goes any where he wants.Grow up talk B ball and stop telling me to shut up.The kid has the ability thats a fact but nice dunks dont make him great.I think he will end up much better than any big man since Todd May from virgie. We will see! But for now he has lots of work to do good luck to him.Dont forget Messer is a D1 prospect in football and is also a beast on the boards give him the credit he deserves he has proved himself Kosongo is yet to!!!!
Just my 2 cents. While it is true Messer is an outstanding basketball (and football) player, the fact is, Kosongo has higher upside in BASKETBALL. Messer might be a better all-around player right now, but I say that with reservation, because Kosongo is in a different system, whereas Messer is in a system that highlights him. So maybe better in terms of stats because he is the focus. But in terms of talent? Not even close, it's Kosongo. And I've seen both of these players several times against different defenses, etc.

I've said all along, that Ray must get better at sealing off the defender so entry passes have a better chance of reaching him. Pikeville was able to effectively neutralize him in the 2 games they played in which he played (out of 3 times ER-PHS played) because the smaller post players were able to cut in front of him and deflect/steal passes. Messer is/was better at sealing off than Ray, which is why he was more effective, IMO. But at D-1 level, Ray is a PF all the way, and I personally think he has a better outside shot and more range than Messer, who would be a SF at best in college if he were to stick to basketball. Just my 2 cents. They are both very good high school basketball players, especially for this area, and both have their plusses and minuses. So no one is knocking Tony, just chill out, redandwhite.
red&white Wrote:Belfry 0304 This is a the place to talk B Ball why tell me to stop talking about the facts.I said with work Kosongo may be the best player in ky next year.But as for now he is not.Other players are better right now.He has improved and I hope the kid goes any where he wants.Grow up talk B ball and stop telling me to shut up.The kid has the ability thats a fact but nice dunks dont make him great.I think he will end up much better than any big man since Todd May from virgie. We will see! But for now he has lots of work to do good luck to him.Dont forget Messer is a D1 prospect in football and is also a beast on the boards give him the credit he deserves he has proved himself Kosongo is yet to!!!!

Tony is better at rebounding and being a true post player, because Ray doesn't play like that. Fact is he's an athletic freak and he will end up at a big-time D1 school. It's kinda unfair to compare them, like Kobe and Dwight Howard. They're different kinds of players. I think that it just seemed like you're trying to argue Tony vs. Ray as some sort of superlative to make up for the loss. We lost, it sucks, it really does. It happens. Promise, we'll have a team next year and everything.
One thing is for sure, ER picked a heck of a time to start playing!

Reminds me of the SV team last year by showing up in the tourny.

But ER now has to put everything behind them and focus on tonight, TONIGHT is the game and I'm sure JC will bring it.
Not argueing I just stated the facts.Messer is a football player first and he wants to play football at the next level.Never even expected to win even against Pburg.Belfry does not shoot the ball well.All I said was right now messer was better the states prove me rite.Terrence jones of UK is a good example of not living up to the hype.Great player but not what he was talked up to be.Kosongo may not live up to it thats yet to be seen.I said he is a great athlete and should be top in Ky next year.But right now the body of work I take Messer all day.Works harder scores and rebounds better.If K starts to put out that effort I would agree with you.Can you agree that a kid that tall with that jumping ability should be behind anyone in our area in rebounds.I think not.My opinion he lacks effort and playes lazy.If he put forth the effort that messer did i could change my mind EASY!Its my opinion you dont have to like it But as I said the body of work this season proves me right.You say messer is featured at Belfry. If K was all you say he is why is he not the feature at East Ridge?
red&white Wrote:Not argueing I just stated the facts.Messer is a football player first and he wants to play football at the next level.Never even expected to win even against Pburg.Belfry does not shoot the ball well.All I said was right now messer was better the states prove me rite.Terrence jones of UK is a good example of not living up to the hype.Great player but not what he was talked up to be.Kosongo may not live up to it thats yet to be seen.I said he is a great athlete and should be top in Ky next year.But right now the body of work I take Messer all day.Works harder scores and rebounds better.If K starts to put out that effort I would agree with you.Can you agree that a kid that tall with that jumping ability should be behind anyone in our area in rebounds.I think not.My opinion he lacks effort and playes lazy.If he put forth the effort that messer did i could change my mind EASY!Its my opinion you dont have to like it But as I said the body of work this season proves me right.You say messer is featured at Belfry. If K was all you say he is why is he not the feature at East Ridge?
Because he has better players around him than Messer does at Belfry. He is a complementary spoke in their wheel. Stats don't mean squat sometimes, and this is one of those times. Sorry to burst your bubble. Look, I'm a Pikeville fan, but I'm looking at it objectively.
Real Badman Wrote:^The other kid was "Like no argument legit" only a couple of inches from him. Why would he risk falling and rolling an ankle or worse? Come on, you're better then that! Bad post was bad.

Is that why he did a pull up? Im just stating facts. Hanging on the rims is a technical foul, and he had been warned.
Pages: 1 2