Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which team in the 14th region would be most likely to make the deepest run in state?
I think PCC could do well in the state tournament. First of all you have to look at the draw which no one else has mentioned. To me this is one of the most important factors because I don't care how good of a team you have if you draw someone like Trinity in the first round your in for a long night. The 9th region is typically a tougher region because of a large population base which translates into larger schools. But this year I see PCC as having a favorable matchup against most teams in this region. Dixie Heights looks like the best team and they have played a bearcat of a schedule, but the Pike kid who was one of their best players graduated early and enrolled at Auburn in January on a football scholorship. I also love Cov Holy Cross who won the All A classic and you have to consider Holmes, Cov Catholic and Newport Catholic, can't forget Boone Co either. None of these teams would be considered juggernauts although Dixie Heights and Cov Holy Cross and Holmes have all been ranked in the top 20 at some point during the year. I think with Hatcher and the fact that PCC made the Tournament last year will be major factors in playing loose and not getting caught up in the bright lights. Say they win this game you would be playing the winner of the 4th and the 8th regions respectively. The 4th region is usually a tough one but Warren Central and Bowling Green both were hit very hard by graduation. They both are good but would be considered down by their standards but I do believe PCC would matchup well with either, probably not as quick but just as athletic. The 8th region is one of the weaker regions and I would expect the 4th region to win this game but you never know once the they make it to Rupp. In this case one of the Oldham Co of schools or Simon Kenton would be the favorites. This region has alot of size with just about every contender having a 6'6" player and some have two or even more. Rebounding has been an issue but I honestly believe PCC quickness and athleticism could offset this advantage. At this point if they have won 2 games that means it will be Saturday morning and anything can happen once you get here. Probably would be playing the 11th region here and I think this is the end of the road, but it would not surprise me if they went even further.
Messages In This Thread
Which team in the 14th region would be most likely to make the deepest run in state? - by BIGDADDY B - 02-17-2012, 12:53 AM