Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Which team in the 14th region would be most likely to make the deepest run in state?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Which team in the 14th region would be most likely to make the deepest run in state? And why?
Perry Central
Perry Central or Knott Central could both do alright at the Sweet 16...
Perry
I honestly don't see any of them making that deep of a run.
If Perry plays well and Jaysean takes over a few games they could do something.
But it's a whole different world once you get to Rupp...
Perry County Central, They have depth, rebounding great guard play and the "great equalizer", Alan Hatcher!
Perry County Central
Perry Central or Letcher
Cougar Connection Wrote:Perry County Central, They have depth, rebounding great guard play and the "great equalizer", Alan Hatcher!

I think they will have to overcome getting outrebounded if they make it to State.

They simply don't box out hard IMO
The obvious choice is Perry Central and they're the only one, IMO, that stands a chance of getting past the first round of the Sweet 16.
I think PCC could do well in the state tournament. First of all you have to look at the draw which no one else has mentioned. To me this is one of the most important factors because I don't care how good of a team you have if you draw someone like Trinity in the first round your in for a long night. The 9th region is typically a tougher region because of a large population base which translates into larger schools. But this year I see PCC as having a favorable matchup against most teams in this region. Dixie Heights looks like the best team and they have played a bearcat of a schedule, but the Pike kid who was one of their best players graduated early and enrolled at Auburn in January on a football scholorship. I also love Cov Holy Cross who won the All A classic and you have to consider Holmes, Cov Catholic and Newport Catholic, can't forget Boone Co either. None of these teams would be considered juggernauts although Dixie Heights and Cov Holy Cross and Holmes have all been ranked in the top 20 at some point during the year. I think with Hatcher and the fact that PCC made the Tournament last year will be major factors in playing loose and not getting caught up in the bright lights. Say they win this game you would be playing the winner of the 4th and the 8th regions respectively. The 4th region is usually a tough one but Warren Central and Bowling Green both were hit very hard by graduation. They both are good but would be considered down by their standards but I do believe PCC would matchup well with either, probably not as quick but just as athletic. The 8th region is one of the weaker regions and I would expect the 4th region to win this game but you never know once the they make it to Rupp. In this case one of the Oldham Co of schools or Simon Kenton would be the favorites. This region has alot of size with just about every contender having a 6'6" player and some have two or even more. Rebounding has been an issue but I honestly believe PCC quickness and athleticism could offset this advantage. At this point if they have won 2 games that means it will be Saturday morning and anything can happen once you get here. Probably would be playing the 11th region here and I think this is the end of the road, but it would not surprise me if they went even further.
Knott Co or Perry Central. IMO both of these teams have a good enough teams win on the 1st day. 14th got a good draw.
Perry.....but even Perry may just win 2 games at best.
Perry can beat anyone in Kentucky with their style of play. They can slow it down, they can speed it up, you just dont know what Hatch and Hoskins are going to do.
Perry has the talent and coaching to make a really deep run. I'm not sure anyone outside of Easter Ky thought Shelby Valley was a true contender a few yrs ago as well, but they had the talent and some things fell into place for them on their run. To win a State Championship you need talent, coaching, and luck. Perry has the first 2 for sure, Knott Co has the talent as well but I think overall Perry may be a little more talented at this point. I would love to see either of these teams win the whole thing. Or any team from the 14th or 15th for that matter. FWIW no one from the 15th has a prayer this year.
Micro-Brew Wrote:Perry has the talent and coaching to make a really deep run. I'm not sure anyone outside of Easter Ky thought Shelby Valley was a true contender a few yrs ago as well, but they had the talent and some things fell into place for them on their run. To win a State Championship you need talent, coaching, and luck. Perry has the first 2 for sure, Knott Co has the talent as well but I think overall Perry may be a little more talented at this point. I would love to see either of these teams win the whole thing. Or any team from the 14th or 15th for that matter. FWIW no one from the 15th has a prayer this year.

Beating everyone by double digits in a state tourny had very little luck for SV......Sheer talent and coaching.
Perry Central with Paige going off.
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:Beating everyone by double digits in a state tourny had very little luck for SV......Sheer talent and coaching.

I wasn't knocking Shelby Valley. They were REALLY, REALLY good. What I meant was a couple of the favorites in the tourny got beat prior to Valley even having to face them, also to have no major injuries, or have none of your major contributors get in foul trouble at key moments, or any other outside factors that could put un-needed stresses on your team. So yes there are more factors than just good coaching and good players needed in accomplishing a goal of a State title. I by no means meant Valley was simply lucky cause thats simply not the case.
Perry should have made a semi run last year, but we all know what happened there too..

They just didn't show up.

I don't know what gets in 14th region team's heads when they get to Rupp but it is definitely there.
The team that wins the 14th should have the best chance to represent the 14th and make the deepest run in state.
KCC, their coaches are probably already down there in the 9th region watching the top teams play, nobody is going to outwork them
hillmonster Wrote:KCC, their coaches are probably already down there in the 9th region watching the top teams play, nobody is going to outwork them

Obviously sir, you have never met Allan Hatcher.
Perry and Letcher are the only teams that play defense in this region. Perry has some offense to go with their defense though, Letcher has a hard time scoring the ball most of the time. Knott can score but does not play defense well at all. Justice is a great offensive threat but plays no defense, kills you on that end of the floor. Davis plays hard on both ends and is the leader of this team, but they just don't have enough to make a good run. Any of the 3 can go out of the 14th, but Perry has the all around team to actually win a couple of games at Rupp.
Kcc
JMEWLS Wrote:Obviously sir, you have never met Allan Hatcher.

He said outwork not out receive high school transfers.
Benchwarmer Wrote:He said outwork not out receive high school transfers.

Seriously can not have a good thread without this guy destroying iy because of his jealousy.
Perry , and only perry.
king360 Wrote:Seriously can not have a good thread without this guy destroying iy because of his jealousy.

Sincerely cant win without receiving high school transfers.
^Most mature individual on this site, ladies and gentelmen..
king360 Wrote:^Most mature individual on this site, ladies and gentelmen..

^Most immature individual on this site, ladies and gentlemen..
Pages: 1 2