Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle's Thomason Twins & Rowe sign with Union
papagrit Wrote:Dude.....I looked back at ALL of your posts on Blue Grass Rivals. You are obviously from either Somerset or Southwestern in Pulaski County and you have nothing to do but provide snarky questions and comments. The ONLY positive posts you have made have been about your boys down there in Pulaski. In all other forums there have been nothing but snotty questions and comments. Stick to your own forums and quit being a "downer troll" for everyone else. I'm sure they love you down there in Pulaski County where you can say "I REELED ANOTHER ONE IN" on Bluegrass Rivals today...."I'm the stuff!" "Stuff" not being the word I had in mind.:please:

As far as our Rockcastle football kids go...I'm proud these three boys made the college jump. Last year John Saylor was one of only like five or six seniors and he plays baseball at Lincoln Memorial. He probably could have played football at a small school. Dillon Thacker signed with Campbellsville, but, he has found other obligations to take care of here at home which is his own business and wishes of happiness and congratulations to him. Derrick Thacker went to Campbellsville and played his first year and then started his second year, but, he had to have surgery that prohibited him from playing last year. He may play this next year if his health will allow it, but, I'm not up on his recent news. Again, that is his own business. Jamie Todd was offered by some smaller schools to play football and now plays basketball instead of football at Asbury College in Wilmore, KY. Tanner Perkins plays baseball for WKU and is a fairly high prospect for the pros as he has had a tremendous career at WKU as a starting pitcher. Finally, Jared Smith is playing football at Union and is going into his senior year this next year there and has been successful on and off the field.
Ben Lake, who played this past year for Rockcastle, was looked at by several schools. Many smaller schools wanted him, according to his family. His dad says that he was approached by Cumberlands, Pikeville, Georgetown and even EKU wanting to get him in for a visit while practicing at the Border Bowl. He has also been contacted by Morehead, EKU, Dartmouth, Carnegie Mellon in Pittburgh, Washington University in St. Louis and Rose Hulman Tech in Terre Haute for official visits. He has made official visits to EKU and this past weekend he was going to Carnegie Mellon to see what they looked like. The smaller schools didn't have the engineering degree that he intends to pursue and he turned down EKU, in part, because of this as well.
He has been officially accepted for academics or football or both to EKU, UK, West Virginia and Carnegie Mellon. He may or may not play football as his academic scholarships could get him through college. He would play just for the love of the game. He is a smart kid who is ranked #1 in his class, second team all state in football by the Louisville C-J and played in the KY vs. TN Border Bowl. We are proud of him as well as the other senior boys that are going to Union this next year who played at Rockcastle.
That's all of the history for Rockcastle sports as far as football goes for the past four years that I'm aware of. We wish them all luck! I also am happy for ANY kid that can go to school with the tuition payed for either by his academics or athletics. Those parents should be very proud.
As for you West 80, I hope this answers your questions and if you leave a snarky comment, I probably will not answer. I'm not mad at you, but you deserve pity and sympathy, for being so negative. I hope your not that negative in real life and you are just a turd for getting your jollies from being a negative troll here on Rivals. Congratulate these boys and move on.
Look back at my past posts...90 percent or better positive. Other than bashing a few crappy refereeing jobs and digging at a few sarcastic and superior high school fans on here...all positive or genuine. Before you say "I was just wanting to know what the trouble is there in Rockcastle and my question is genuine" can be answered like this. To ask..."Why aren't you getting your kids recruited at Rockcastle?" is akin to saying "Are your kids just poor athletes or are they just stupid?". Move on Troll.:trolldad2:
Ben Lake from Rock is good enough to play D1 football if that is his goal. Should he elect to hang up the cleats and focus on academic pursuits - we will understand. But football will lose a great one.
Messages In This Thread
Rockcastle's Thomason Twins & Rowe sign with Union - by Football1 - 02-12-2012, 12:14 PM