Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rockcastle's Thomason Twins & Rowe sign with Union
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Three Rockcastle County football players signed to play at union college today. Nick and Stevan Thomason both played on the D Line and TE. Clark Rowe who set the all time rushing record this season before a season ending shoulder injury. Rowe only played in 5 games in 2011 with 827 yards and 13 TDs
Good to see them go to college!
I hope this turns out better than my graduating class. I believe 5-6 signed and 1 stayed for 2-3 years, the rest quit in the 1st year.
I think Rowe can be pretty good if the right opportunity and given time to get used to college, not sure on the other two who signed, what position do they play in college?
LWC Wrote:I hope this turns out better than my graduating class. I believe 5-6 signed and 1 stayed for 2-3 years, the rest quit in the 1st year.

Thats a very common thing with mountain athletes. Most find it hard to start over at the bottom of the food chain. Anyway hope these boys stick with, best of luck and congrats.
I wish all three of these boys the best of luck!! I've known them all since they were little and it has been a pleasure (and an adventure a time or two) seeing them grow up. Go get em boys.....make Bullnose proud! LOL Union College won't be the same again...so good luck to the coaching staff there as well.
union campus will not see a dull moment next fall, thats for sure lol congrats to these guys
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:union campus will not see a dull moment next fall, thats for sure lol congrats to these guys

If that be the case, then I will say those boys wont last very long. College football isnt high school football adn I am sure the coaches dont take into consideration who your dad is or why you had to miss practice. From what I read from the posters, it wont be long until they are back home.
West 80 Wrote:If that be the case, then I will say those boys wont last very long. College football isnt high school football adn I am sure the coaches dont take into consideration who your dad is or why you had to miss practice. From what I read from the posters, it wont be long until they are back home.

All three are great kids. you wont find anyone who will out work them. So I dont get why you question there work ethics.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:All three are great kids. you wont find anyone who will out work them. So I dont get why you question there work ethics.

Not questioning work ethic, just saying college isnt about going and having a good time, it is serious and hard work. High school work isnt college work and college players are all good. from reading the post it seems most think they are going down there to have fun, sorry to say but it wont be when a college coach gets a hold of you and from what I have heard some dont like having to take orders and be told what to do. Party days are over.
These kids aren't big partiers....they just have a lot of character. They are great kids, funny kids, and hard working kids. They might not get the personal number to the president's house for their high achieving academics...but, they're no dummies. They are also hell on the football field when you put one on each end of the defensive line. Part of the reason you had to have a decent passing game against Rockcastle this past year was because of the Thomason boys.
Congratulations and good luck to these young men!
How many kids from Rockcastle are playing football right now and where.
West 80 Wrote:How many kids from Rockcastle are playing football right now and where.

theres only three right now not counting this years class. it seem like most of the football players that are good enough to play college football end up playing college baseball
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:theres only three right now not counting this years class. it seem like most of the football players that are good enough to play college football end up playing college baseball

Who are the 3 players and where are they?
West 80 Wrote:Who are the 3 players and where are they?

WR Jared smith is a jr at Union, Derick thacker OL and Dylan Thacker OL are at camblesville. Derick had some health problems this season. didnt think he will ever play again hered the other day doctors cleared him to play.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:WR Jared smith is a jr at Union, Derick thacker OL and Dylan Thacker OL are at camblesville. Derick had some health problems this season. didnt think he will ever play again hered the other day doctors cleared him to play.

I heard neither Thacker played anymore.
Neither Thacker is on the 2011 roster. Does the Perkins kid still play baseball?
West 80 Wrote:Neither Thacker is on the 2011 roster. Does the Perkins kid still play baseball?

Yea tanner plays baseball at western doing really good to. This is his jr season we might be seeing him in the draft after this baseball season if every thing goes good.
So rockcastle only has one kid playing football, that seems odd that in the past four years only one kid is going to college to play ball, why so few, why are kids not getting recruited from there
West 80 Wrote:So rockcastle only has one kid playing football, that seems odd that in the past four years only one kid is going to college to play ball, why so few, why are kids not getting recruited from there

Dude.....I looked back at ALL of your posts on Blue Grass Rivals. You are obviously from either Somerset or Southwestern in Pulaski County and you have nothing to do but provide snarky questions and comments. The ONLY positive posts you have made have been about your boys down there in Pulaski. In all other forums there have been nothing but snotty questions and comments. Stick to your own forums and quit being a "downer troll" for everyone else. I'm sure they love you down there in Pulaski County where you can say "I REELED ANOTHER ONE IN" on Bluegrass Rivals today...."I'm the stuff!" "Stuff" not being the word I had in mind.:please:

As far as our Rockcastle football kids go...I'm proud these three boys made the college jump. Last year John Saylor was one of only like five or six seniors and he plays baseball at Lincoln Memorial. He probably could have played football at a small school. Dillon Thacker signed with Campbellsville, but, he has found other obligations to take care of here at home which is his own business and wishes of happiness and congratulations to him. Derrick Thacker went to Campbellsville and played his first year and then started his second year, but, he had to have surgery that prohibited him from playing last year. He may play this next year if his health will allow it, but, I'm not up on his recent news. Again, that is his own business. Jamie Todd was offered by some smaller schools to play football and now plays basketball instead of football at Asbury College in Wilmore, KY. Tanner Perkins plays baseball for WKU and is a fairly high prospect for the pros as he has had a tremendous career at WKU as a starting pitcher. Finally, Jared Smith is playing football at Union and is going into his senior year this next year there and has been successful on and off the field.
Ben Lake, who played this past year for Rockcastle, was looked at by several schools. Many smaller schools wanted him, according to his family. His dad says that he was approached by Cumberlands, Pikeville, Georgetown and even EKU wanting to get him in for a visit while practicing at the Border Bowl. He has also been contacted by Morehead, EKU, Dartmouth, Carnegie Mellon in Pittburgh, Washington University in St. Louis and Rose Hulman Tech in Terre Haute for official visits. He has made official visits to EKU and this past weekend he was going to Carnegie Mellon to see what they looked like. The smaller schools didn't have the engineering degree that he intends to pursue and he turned down EKU, in part, because of this as well.
He has been officially accepted for academics or football or both to EKU, UK, West Virginia and Carnegie Mellon. He may or may not play football as his academic scholarships could get him through college. He would play just for the love of the game. He is a smart kid who is ranked #1 in his class, second team all state in football by the Louisville C-J and played in the KY vs. TN Border Bowl. We are proud of him as well as the other senior boys that are going to Union this next year who played at Rockcastle.
That's all of the history for Rockcastle sports as far as football goes for the past four years that I'm aware of. We wish them all luck! I also am happy for ANY kid that can go to school with the tuition payed for either by his academics or athletics. Those parents should be very proud.
As for you West 80, I hope this answers your questions and if you leave a snarky comment, I probably will not answer. I'm not mad at you, but you deserve pity and sympathy, for being so negative. I hope your not that negative in real life and you are just a turd for getting your jollies from being a negative troll here on Rivals. Congratulate these boys and move on.
Look back at my past posts...90 percent or better positive. Other than bashing a few crappy refereeing jobs and digging at a few sarcastic and superior high school fans on here...all positive or genuine. Before you say "I was just wanting to know what the trouble is there in Rockcastle and my question is genuine" can be answered like this. To ask..."Why aren't you getting your kids recruited at Rockcastle?" is akin to saying "Are your kids just poor athletes or are they just stupid?". Move on Troll.:trolldad2:
Rock has a great tradition of football. These boys will be a great addition at Union. I hope the coaches and players there makes these guys feel welcome. The "tough factor" cannot be beaten by these mountain players.
papagrit Wrote:Dude.....I looked back at ALL of your posts on Blue Grass Rivals. You are obviously from either Somerset or Southwestern in Pulaski County and you have nothing to do but provide snarky questions and comments. The ONLY positive posts you have made have been about your boys down there in Pulaski. In all other forums there have been nothing but snotty questions and comments. Stick to your own forums and quit being a "downer troll" for everyone else. I'm sure they love you down there in Pulaski County where you can say "I REELED ANOTHER ONE IN" on Bluegrass Rivals today...."I'm the stuff!" "Stuff" not being the word I had in mind.:please:

As far as our Rockcastle football kids go...I'm proud these three boys made the college jump. Last year John Saylor was one of only like five or six seniors and he plays baseball at Lincoln Memorial. He probably could have played football at a small school. Dillon Thacker signed with Campbellsville, but, he has found other obligations to take care of here at home which is his own business and wishes of happiness and congratulations to him. Derrick Thacker went to Campbellsville and played his first year and then started his second year, but, he had to have surgery that prohibited him from playing last year. He may play this next year if his health will allow it, but, I'm not up on his recent news. Again, that is his own business. Jamie Todd was offered by some smaller schools to play football and now plays basketball instead of football at Asbury College in Wilmore, KY. Tanner Perkins plays baseball for WKU and is a fairly high prospect for the pros as he has had a tremendous career at WKU as a starting pitcher. Finally, Jared Smith is playing football at Union and is going into his senior year this next year there and has been successful on and off the field.
Ben Lake, who played this past year for Rockcastle, was looked at by several schools. Many smaller schools wanted him, according to his family. His dad says that he was approached by Cumberlands, Pikeville, Georgetown and even EKU wanting to get him in for a visit while practicing at the Border Bowl. He has also been contacted by Morehead, EKU, Dartmouth, Carnegie Mellon in Pittburgh, Washington University in St. Louis and Rose Hulman Tech in Terre Haute for official visits. He has made official visits to EKU and this past weekend he was going to Carnegie Mellon to see what they looked like. The smaller schools didn't have the engineering degree that he intends to pursue and he turned down EKU, in part, because of this as well.
He has been officially accepted for academics or football or both to EKU, UK, West Virginia and Carnegie Mellon. He may or may not play football as his academic scholarships could get him through college. He would play just for the love of the game. He is a smart kid who is ranked #1 in his class, second team all state in football by the Louisville C-J and played in the KY vs. TN Border Bowl. We are proud of him as well as the other senior boys that are going to Union this next year who played at Rockcastle.
That's all of the history for Rockcastle sports as far as football goes for the past four years that I'm aware of. We wish them all luck! I also am happy for ANY kid that can go to school with the tuition payed for either by his academics or athletics. Those parents should be very proud.
As for you West 80, I hope this answers your questions and if you leave a snarky comment, I probably will not answer. I'm not mad at you, but you deserve pity and sympathy, for being so negative. I hope your not that negative in real life and you are just a turd for getting your jollies from being a negative troll here on Rivals. Congratulate these boys and move on.
Look back at my past posts...90 percent or better positive. Other than bashing a few crappy refereeing jobs and digging at a few sarcastic and superior high school fans on here...all positive or genuine. Before you say "I was just wanting to know what the trouble is there in Rockcastle and my question is genuine" can be answered like this. To ask..."Why aren't you getting your kids recruited at Rockcastle?" is akin to saying "Are your kids just poor athletes or are they just stupid?". Move on Troll.:trolldad2:
Ben Lake from Rock is good enough to play D1 football if that is his goal. Should he elect to hang up the cleats and focus on academic pursuits - we will understand. But football will lose a great one.
Well for those who can't obviously understand, I said I can't believe no kids were playing football from rockcastle for the simple reason they have always had some very good players and it seemed odd that as good as players as they have had why more weren't playing college. Not taking shots at rockcastle or program, just wandering what the problem was there. As for my post, I saw nothing bad about it.
Not getting kids recruited has nothing to do with are the kids smart, good athletes, or coaches getting their names out. I simply was wondering why a program with so much tradition and so many wins in the past 20 years wasn't having a lot of kids go play college. Why so touchy touchy over asking why?
Papa grit, as far as my knowledge and location, I work with many different people from a lot of surrounding counties like rock, Pulaski, laurel, knox, clay, Fayette, bell, Harlan, and a few from Louisville. I am fortunate to be able to travel with my job and hear about a lot of sports going ons.
West 80 Wrote:Well for those who can't obviously understand, I said I can't believe no kids were playing football from rockcastle for the simple reason they have always had some very good players and it seemed odd that as good as players as they have had why more weren't playing college. Not taking shots at rockcastle or program, just wandering what the problem was there. As for my post, I saw nothing bad about it.

Could be that Rock has a lot of hard working, dedicated players that are making great high school football players. They play with a lot of heart and maybe not the talent that some schools have that never can win with it. College recruiters look for talent and over look the heart of some players.
I agre with what you say and that was my whole point.

BUT

Better watch what you say, some may get mad thinking you are saying rock kids have no talent, just heart.
I would say size has a big roll in it. Rock has allways been small, with the exception of a few. they have the talent, its just alot of colleges have just over looked them.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:I would say size has a big roll in it. Rock has allways been small, with the exception of a few. they have the talent, its just alot of colleges have just over looked them.

Better not criticize their size, a certain person on here will take exception to it.

remember you have to say rock kids have size, skill, heart, speed, strengh, brains, and desire.

rock kids have always been tough IMO, will knock you into next week, not sure why more didnt play colleges though.
Pages: 1 2