Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg vs Harlan Ind. (2nd rd) 11/11
Jughead07 Wrote:Dragonsdad you know I have been waiting on this game since the first one was over. If you remember I raised quite a ruckus abot sizemore not gettig a chance to play (only played 4 downs as a blocking back in the first game) and now he has won the starting qb job and played exceptionally well since then. His abiltity to throw and run is something you guys did not see the first time around and the offense has been really good just ask Leslie county who beat you guys won their district but lostto williamsburg after sizemore was named starter. I will take that bet that williamsburg will gain over 200 yards of offense and i think this game could be a shootout. Last time these teams played it was a game of big plays that both teams scored on. Who ever cleans those up probably wins. If harlan. An run the ball effectivley and set up the playaction pass it really ill hurt williamsburg. They must also play harlans qb to run the ball much like leslie. Ounty did because he is not comfortable running it but he didnt turn it over in the first matchup and that will be a key stat for both teams. If williamsburg would commit tothe run instead of allowig teams to drop 8 & 9 defenders in coverage that could be a big difference. What scares me though is that they will not and will get outcoached by harlan like they did the first time around. Its going to be a great game though and can't wait to watch the game.

Is the williams kid still out with shoulder injury? If so hate that for a kid who is a senior and i wish him the best.

One prediction keep and eye ot for #25 for burg. He is over 100 tackles on the season and is just a frshman if. Urg wins bet o. It he will make a couple big plays on defense.

I remember the talks over Dalton,JH. He has made quite a name for himself since then and I do think this will be a different game this time around. Both teams have improved to this point and the game,IMO,could be a shootout or it could be a defensive struggle. Harlan's defense has finally started to settle down and play good ball and I hope for their sake they continue to play well. Dalton and Skylar are a real duo and not anyone you would not want to play your best against. It could cost you. Williamsburg is young but they have played at times like a vetran team. Harlan has,I hope,finally gotten over the injury bug. The Jenkins score was a little deceptive and not to take anything away from Jenkins but we had 5 defensive starters out in that game. For the first time in awhile we have everyone but 1 back and it showed against Berea. I believe the key to Harlan's success in this game is too contain Sizemore on the edges and keep hard pressure on him when drops back and stick to Griffith like glue. Even if we do that those kids are gonna find ways to score.
As far as a bet on Harlan keeping Williamsburg under 200 YD's,I think if their defense comes out strong with the right game plan we could but I sure ain't betting on it. Williamsburg can move the ball and they for sure ain't Berea.

Demarcus Williams came back last week and had a fair game with limited playing time. He should be full time this week. Also,he will be back next year. He is just a junior. They all are,practically. I think we have 14 juniors. We only lose 3 seniors. 2 linemen and 1 WR,Vince Bianchi. That's why I said they will have their best chance at a district or regional title in awhile.
I look forward to a great game with no injuries on either side of the ball. I also look forward to watching Sizemore and Saragas set QB records next season. Saragas set the record for most TD's in a season at Harlan week before last and has added 2 more to that since. I think he is at 28 or 29 on the season now and I hope he reaches 40,LOL. Anyway, here's to a great game Friday night.
Messages In This Thread
Williamsburg vs Harlan Ind. (2nd rd) 11/11 - by Dragonsdad - 11-08-2011, 09:44 AM