Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Williamsburg vs Harlan Ind. (2nd rd) 11/11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who wins?
Poll please?
Harlan 28
Williamsburg 22
I think Wburg gets there revenge.....

Wburg 34
Harlan 32
This will be a game that requires both teams to make the most of every touch of the football. Both QBs are skilled and capable of huge numbers. The Defensive effort will make the difference in my opinion. I choose Harlan.
To win this game our defense has to remain solid and our offense must pick it up a notch. We can't have any silly little mistakes like in the Berea game. We gave Berea 12 points to start the second half and we can't do that against Williamsburg. Although we did take a knee and ran the clock out and could have scored again. Williamsburg will score enough on their own let alone us giving them scores. Our defense was able to hold Berea to 130 yd's total Offense and we need that kind of effort against Williamsburg. I think that we can hold the Jacket's to 200 or less yd's if our defense keeps their heads on straight and focus's on their individual jobs. We need a solid win against Williamsburg to send a message that we won't lay down and let anyone run over us.
If the weather stays good then Harlan by 21. If not,then the Dragons by 10.
Harlan by 12
Williamsburg by 2 tds.
Williamsburg
Harlan is the much better team this year and should win again but only by about 10 or so. Williamsburg shall be pretty good next year not saying there not good this year but there luck runs out as Harlan wins 22 to 12.
bac2369 Wrote:Harlan is the much better team this year and should win again but only by about 10 or so. Williamsburg shall be pretty good next year not saying there not good this year but there luck runs out as Harlan wins 22 to 12.

I hope you are right about Friday night. I know Williamsburg will be a better team next year and should win their district again. It seems like like they really struggled to win their district this year,but they are very young. Next year is to be the best shot for Harlan to win the region or the district for that matter in a long time. We only lose three seniors and only one skill position in WR-Vince Bianchi. Although they are starters we should be able to fill their positions pretty good. We will have 13 or 14 seniors next year and they have been the nucleus of the team for the last couple of years. It's been fun watching these young men come up. Not sure what kind of team Hazard is gonna have next year. I know they lose some big names this year but they also have some big names comming back. It would be nice to just play Hazard and be acknowledged as a team that could potentially win. Hazard beat us 38-13 this year and 50-20 last year. Seems like we are getting closer and we should be a couple TD's better next year. Hopefully,if we get a rematch with the bulldogs we will give them a better game. Last time we had three starters out on defense and they should be back,barring any injuries Friday night. But for now we have to get by Williamsburg and Dalton Sizemore and Skylar Griffith. GO BIG GREEN!!!
Dragons by 6
Dragonsdad Wrote:I hope you are right about Friday night. I know Williamsburg will be a better team next year and should win their district again. It seems like like they really struggled to win their district this year,but they are very young. Next year is to be the best shot for Harlan to win the region or the district for that matter in a long time. We only lose three seniors and only one skill position in WR-Vince Bianchi. Although they are starters we should be able to fill their positions pretty good. We will have 13 or 14 seniors next year and they have been the nucleus of the team for the last couple of years. It's been fun watching these young men come up. Not sure what kind of team Hazard is gonna have next year. I know they lose some big names this year but they also have some big names comming back. It would be nice to just play Hazard and be acknowledged as a team that could potentially win. Hazard beat us 38-13 this year and 50-20 last year. Seems like we are getting closer and we should be a couple TD's better next year. Hopefully,if we get a rematch with the bulldogs we will give them a better game. Last time we had three starters out on defense and they should be back,barring any injuries Friday night. But for now we have to get by Williamsburg and Dalton Sizemore and Skylar Griffith. GO BIG GREEN!!!

These two kids are tough but I think that they are aweful young, either one is a freshman and the other is sophmore, or the other way around... and I hear W'burg's eighth grade team was the real deal this year... but that is hear say.

I will go with Harlan in this one 42-21. With Harlan's starters out in the late 4th.
tvtimeout Wrote:These two kids are tough but I think that they are aweful young, either one is a freshman and the other is sophmore, or the other way around... and I hear W'burg's eighth grade team was the real deal this year... but that is hear say.
I will go with Harlan in this one 42-21. With Harlan's starters out in the late 4th.

I saw them play a couple times. They were pretty good. I don't know how far they went in the playoff though. Skylar Griffith's brother was there QB. I'm thinking I heard he was a holdback. He was there best player. Skylar definately is the better of the two.
Dragonsdad you know I have been waiting on this game since the first one was over. If you remember I raised quite a ruckus abot sizemore not gettig a chance to play (only played 4 downs as a blocking back in the first game) and now he has won the starting qb job and played exceptionally well since then. His abiltity to throw and run is something you guys did not see the first time around and the offense has been really good just ask Leslie county who beat you guys won their district but lostto williamsburg after sizemore was named starter. I will take that bet that williamsburg will gain over 200 yards of offense and i think this game could be a shootout. Last time these teams played it was a game of big plays that both teams scored on. Who ever cleans those up probably wins. If harlan. An run the ball effectivley and set up the playaction pass it really ill hurt williamsburg. They must also play harlans qb to run the ball much like leslie. Ounty did because he is not comfortable running it but he didnt turn it over in the first matchup and that will be a key stat for both teams. If williamsburg would commit tothe run instead of allowig teams to drop 8 & 9 defenders in coverage that could be a big difference. What scares me though is that they will not and will get outcoached by harlan like they did the first time around. Its going to be a great game though and can't wait to watch the game.

Is the williams kid still out with shoulder injury? If so hate that for a kid who is a senior and i wish him the best.

One prediction keep and eye ot for #25 for burg. He is over 100 tackles on the season and is just a frshman if. Urg wins bet o. It he will make a couple big plays on defense.
Typing from an iphone makes me look like an idiot!
Hazard will be beatable next year as they lose most of there line and will need several replacements for it. But offense wise they will be ok if the line can block and make holes. You will have the QB back Evan Whitaker, Brandon Jones, Jordan Olinger, Austin Johnson. But you lose the likes of BJ Combs, Zach Blanton and all the senior lineman, So hard to replace that.
Dragons 22-14
Jughead07 Wrote:Dragonsdad you know I have been waiting on this game since the first one was over. If you remember I raised quite a ruckus abot sizemore not gettig a chance to play (only played 4 downs as a blocking back in the first game) and now he has won the starting qb job and played exceptionally well since then. His abiltity to throw and run is something you guys did not see the first time around and the offense has been really good just ask Leslie county who beat you guys won their district but lostto williamsburg after sizemore was named starter. I will take that bet that williamsburg will gain over 200 yards of offense and i think this game could be a shootout. Last time these teams played it was a game of big plays that both teams scored on. Who ever cleans those up probably wins. If harlan. An run the ball effectivley and set up the playaction pass it really ill hurt williamsburg. They must also play harlans qb to run the ball much like leslie. Ounty did because he is not comfortable running it but he didnt turn it over in the first matchup and that will be a key stat for both teams. If williamsburg would commit tothe run instead of allowig teams to drop 8 & 9 defenders in coverage that could be a big difference. What scares me though is that they will not and will get outcoached by harlan like they did the first time around. Its going to be a great game though and can't wait to watch the game.

Is the williams kid still out with shoulder injury? If so hate that for a kid who is a senior and i wish him the best.

One prediction keep and eye ot for #25 for burg. He is over 100 tackles on the season and is just a frshman if. Urg wins bet o. It he will make a couple big plays on defense.

I remember the talks over Dalton,JH. He has made quite a name for himself since then and I do think this will be a different game this time around. Both teams have improved to this point and the game,IMO,could be a shootout or it could be a defensive struggle. Harlan's defense has finally started to settle down and play good ball and I hope for their sake they continue to play well. Dalton and Skylar are a real duo and not anyone you would not want to play your best against. It could cost you. Williamsburg is young but they have played at times like a vetran team. Harlan has,I hope,finally gotten over the injury bug. The Jenkins score was a little deceptive and not to take anything away from Jenkins but we had 5 defensive starters out in that game. For the first time in awhile we have everyone but 1 back and it showed against Berea. I believe the key to Harlan's success in this game is too contain Sizemore on the edges and keep hard pressure on him when drops back and stick to Griffith like glue. Even if we do that those kids are gonna find ways to score.
As far as a bet on Harlan keeping Williamsburg under 200 YD's,I think if their defense comes out strong with the right game plan we could but I sure ain't betting on it. Williamsburg can move the ball and they for sure ain't Berea.

Demarcus Williams came back last week and had a fair game with limited playing time. He should be full time this week. Also,he will be back next year. He is just a junior. They all are,practically. I think we have 14 juniors. We only lose 3 seniors. 2 linemen and 1 WR,Vince Bianchi. That's why I said they will have their best chance at a district or regional title in awhile.
I look forward to a great game with no injuries on either side of the ball. I also look forward to watching Sizemore and Saragas set QB records next season. Saragas set the record for most TD's in a season at Harlan week before last and has added 2 more to that since. I think he is at 28 or 29 on the season now and I hope he reaches 40,LOL. Anyway, here's to a great game Friday night.
Jughead07 Wrote:Typing from an iphone makes me look like an idiot!

Been there!!
:hilarious:

Good luck to both teams, Harlan wins by 14.

No injuries!!!
I think it will be a high scoring game.

Harlan-37
Williamsburg-31
williamsburg 44
harlan 35
The Dragons will continue to the Regional finals and a date with Hazard, HHS 36 WHS 25.
Dragonsdad Wrote:I saw them play a couple times. They were pretty good. I don't know how far they went in the playoff though. Skylar Griffith's brother was there QB. I'm thinking I heard he was a holdback. He was there best player. Skylar definately is the better of the two.

Andrew is very good. Not a holdback. Will graduate at 17. Bout 6"2' 190. Skylar is faster but I would not say definately better of the 2.
I don't think that the quarterback has made a huge difference. If so then why did you all only score 20 against berea in overtime? Berea is not a very good football team.
Easily williamsburgs worst game of the season offensively. Sizemore did struggle early in the game and it was the breast cancer game. He was very emotional because my mom died of breast cancer his aunt and the game meant a lot to him plus he was playing against his cousin qb darrius whitaker for berea. Yet he made the plays when they needed them and they won.

If you wanna play that game though harlan gave up 22 points to jenkins in the first quarter and trailed as well as a measly 6 to leslie county who williamburg put up 36 against and beat.
Just noticed that Williamsburg has only one loss from a team from within the Commonwealth, that would be by them Green Dragons in a head to head matchup which is by far the best way to compare two teams, not by how this one did when Jimmy bob was out or Larry Tom was the Center now he has moved to left tackle so he has our new boys blind side. Gentlemen this game will be played between two teams with 16-18 year old boys, so who knows which has the advantage, maybe whoever eats the best breakfast on Friday.
^Harlan's offense did sputter against Leslie Co. but our defense was able to hold them to their 3rd lowest point total of the season at 12 points. Something that very few teams did this season. Much better than Middlesboro,Prestonsburg,Shelby Valley or Williamsburg for that matter. Our defense is turning out to be our strong point.
Williamsburg has a high powered offense so if Harlan D plays the way it did agains Leslie Co. then they will win but you have to contain Sizemore!!!...You cant let him run all over the field on you... If Harlan comes to play i think they win in a close one but if not Williamsburg wins big!!
Pages: 1 2