Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Teams Is The Biggest Under Achievers In 2011.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:This..

1. Hopkinsville- One of the state's proudest programs may go winless. Not only that, but they haven't even been close as every game has been lost by 4 TD's or more.

2. Male- Powerhouse program sits at 2-7 and wasn't competitive against X and T.

3. Sheldon Clark- Perennial strong team appeared to be a Top 10 3A team with the Tim Smith transfer...now they are en route to 10 losses instead.

4. Etown- Panthers had Chris Todd's brother at QB and has consistently been a Top 10 3A program... they are winless and have allowed nearly 60 points per game.

5. Dixie Heights- Most knew they were not a great team, but with the praise of Pike noone expected them to be 3-6.

6. Pburg- Belfry game was the turning point of their season they never overcame between their defense getting exploited and the injuries they suffered.

7. Paintsville- The once great 1A program is simply awful sitting at 2-7 with their only wins against 1-8 Paris and Jenkins in close games.

8. LCA- After being an elite level small school program for years the Eagles are now hoping to upset Green County to reach the .500 mark.

9. Middlesboro- Sitting at 3-6 with two wins against very bad teams the Jackets have had a season full of turmoil and lopsided losses

10. Henry Clay- Finished regular season 3-7 including losses to 3 other Lexington schools.

Very thorough except I disagree somewhat with two of these. Not with the fact that they have been a disappointment, just with where you have them. Dixie seemed to have all of us in the rest of the state fooled due to having Pike, but it seems like the folks in NKY knew this season was coming. Also, LCA has been a bit disappointing by their standards but I wouldn't say that have underachieved when you take into account how young they are and how brutal of a schedule they have had. If they had lost to Danville last week I would have agreed with where you put them but they really surprised me with that win and by earning a #2 seed in their district.

Another thing I will say is that instead of just having Henry Clay on there I would put Lexington public schools as a whole. I'm sorry but I just don't understand how Clay, Creek, Dunbar, Lafayette, and Station aren't competitive on the state level anymore. The talent is still there, but the product has been more than disappointing IMO.
Messages In This Thread
Which Teams Is The Biggest Under Achievers In 2011. - by RoShamBo - 10-27-2011, 03:32 PM