Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro Fan punches Bell County Coach
rojas Wrote:You must be thinking of Harlan. MHS beat Evarts 57-0 and Harlan 65-0 in 98. I was at the Harlan/Middlesboro game when Roark had the MHS QB run backwards to set up a state record fg. However, Wynn missed that particular fg. I was also in Louisville when when Wynn put the opening kickoff in the baseball dugout behind the endzone on the fly. Too bad Wynn never played at UK. I think he had the leg to potentially play in the NFL.

In the 60s and early 70s Evarts had Middlesboro's number. Evarts upset Middlesboro several years in a row. One of the biggest upsets was when Middlesboro had a great running back named Bimbo Fuson. Evarts held Fuson to 30 yards rushing and beat Middlesboro 8-6. The following week we upset Lynch 7-0 for Lynch's only loss of the year.
My grandfather talks about those games all the time.
The Bimbo Fuson That you was refering too He tells me was one of the best he'd ever seen a D 1 at a high level.
This was the saddest tragedy. Not long after above game he was introduced to some bad drugs and unknowingly Shot and killed his younger brother who had unlimited potential also... Bimbo went to prison for life.
instead of a great college carreer.
This will always be a sad part pf mboro sports history and willalways be spoken of..for many old timers says he was one of the best seen.
But im sure every program has a what could of been story,
Messages In This Thread
Middlesboro Fan punches Bell County Coach - by ladycats23 - 09-06-2011, 09:02 AM