Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard/N Laurel/S Laurel/Bourbon Co. Grid
I did not arrive Thursday night until the N. Laurel scrimmage when the boys made their way across the parking lot to the middle school field on the hill. I didn't see the previous playing against the other teams. Though Rockcastle seemed to drive the ball better than North and scored more than North on varsity, (3 or 2 scores to 1 or 0 when the entire varsity was in) I wasn't happy with the effort and lack of execution of the team as a whole. I don't know if the boys just weren't fired up or some nagging injuries were keeping them from going all out or what, but, they had better get the fuse lit for this next Saturday's game or they will be down 0-1 to start the season and that wouldn't bode well for the rest of the season. I understand that they had a pretty intense practice on Friday in full pads, where they were actually supposed to have a lighter practice originally after the scrimmage. So, I think the coaches realized that the boys were pulling on the hind titty intensity-wise in that scrimmage as well. Get the intensity up and the pads level down I believe was the lesson learned Thursday night.
Messages In This Thread
Hazard/N Laurel/S Laurel/Bourbon Co. Grid - by papagrit - 08-13-2011, 11:38 AM