Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard/N Laurel/S Laurel/Bourbon Co. Grid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any one see the grid? How did teams look?
Rockcastle was also there and they looked very good, did good vs both South and North Laurel.
Hazard-probably the best team out there, have pretty good size for a 1A school, should be a VERY nice team again this year.

South Laurel-still has some work to do, looks like they'll run a passing game. Defense kind of suspect.

Bourbon-not a lot of size, played better than I thought. Have a running back, who could be a dandy.

Didn't get to see North Laurel?
Good job Rocks! Can mod modify thread title to include Rockcastle?
rock was best team there, did very good vs Hazard. I think rock should win at least 8 games this year with the team I saw. North laurel did OK, I dont think they tried to do a lot, especially passing
How did the Running Back - C. Rowe look for Rockcastle?
as a Rockcastle fan i didnt think Rock looked to good. still need to fix alot of stuff or they will have a hard time with a good sheldon clark team. SL impressed me. they didnt look like the 0-10 team they was last year.
former Wrote:rock was best team there, did very good vs Hazard. I think rock should win at least 8 games this year with the team I saw. North laurel did OK, I dont think they tried to do a lot, especially passing

Rock didn't play against Hazard unless it was JV.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Rock didn't play against Hazard unless it was JV.

just SL and NL
Rock went against Bourbon also in varsity. Hazard looked very good and I agree that South Laurel looked good for coming off an 0-10 season. I watched alot of the South -Rock scrimmage and South had put it in the endzone 5 or 6 times on Rock while Rock had scored only twice while I was there. Hazard definetley looked the best last night though, they will be a force in 1A this season.
Did anyone see who hazard had a quarterback its gonna be hard to replace combs I wondered how the new guy looked
What kind of format was this scrimmage? Who did the Qb for Hazard and who were some of the players on offense? Also Which of the Laurel teams looked the best? I look foward to catch the rock and pcc later in the season.
bac2369 Wrote:What kind of format was this scrimmage? Who did the Qb for Hazard and who were some of the players on offense? Also Which of the Laurel teams looked the best? I look foward to catch the rock and pcc later in the season.

Im not sure who the qb was for hazard. but they looked good. I thought South looked like the better Laurel team.
Who looked the best of all the teams there?
Rock looked great on offense. Defense was not as good as a normal rock team, the gave up a couple big big runs. Probably the best team there.

Hazard was very very fast. Although North's kids ran with them pretty good. Where do they find those kids?

Never saw Bourbon, when did they show up?

North looked young but fast. They ran the ball pretty good. Didn't do much but run right up the gut. Played a lot of kids too. They subbed every series.

I heard South looked slow but threw it every down. Didn't get to watch them.
I definitely think South Laurel was the best team there. Hazard and Bourbon looked good as well. Rock had a good running game but was very 1 dimensional. Didnt see North. South though had a balanced pass/run game mainly pass though. Looked good on defense but had lots of room to improve. I believe that South will win anywhere from 7-8 games this year.
I did not arrive Thursday night until the N. Laurel scrimmage when the boys made their way across the parking lot to the middle school field on the hill. I didn't see the previous playing against the other teams. Though Rockcastle seemed to drive the ball better than North and scored more than North on varsity, (3 or 2 scores to 1 or 0 when the entire varsity was in) I wasn't happy with the effort and lack of execution of the team as a whole. I don't know if the boys just weren't fired up or some nagging injuries were keeping them from going all out or what, but, they had better get the fuse lit for this next Saturday's game or they will be down 0-1 to start the season and that wouldn't bode well for the rest of the season. I understand that they had a pretty intense practice on Friday in full pads, where they were actually supposed to have a lighter practice originally after the scrimmage. So, I think the coaches realized that the boys were pulling on the hind titty intensity-wise in that scrimmage as well. Get the intensity up and the pads level down I believe was the lesson learned Thursday night.
Wow this thread is across the board...shows how difficult it is to read into these scrimmages.
Rockcastle was very 1 dimensional. Couldnt pass the ball worth anything. And also is way too easy to read.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Wow this thread is across the board...shows how difficult it is to read into these scrimmages.

Sounds like two things are universal though:
1. Rockcastle County was the best there, even if they didn't look their best
and
2. South Laurel WILL be better than their 0-10 record last season.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Wow this thread is across the board...shows how difficult it is to read into these scrimmages.

Isn't that what the coaches want? No one / no other team to know what he's got this year?
papagrit Wrote:I did not arrive Thursday night until the N. Laurel scrimmage when the boys made their way across the parking lot to the middle school field on the hill. I didn't see the previous playing against the other teams. Though Rockcastle seemed to drive the ball better than North and scored more than North on varsity, (3 or 2 scores to 1 or 0 when the entire varsity was in) I wasn't happy with the effort and lack of execution of the team as a whole. I don't know if the boys just weren't fired up or some nagging injuries were keeping them from going all out or what, but, they had better get the fuse lit for this next Saturday's game or they will be down 0-1 to start the season and that wouldn't bode well for the rest of the season. I understand that they had a pretty intense practice on Friday in full pads, where they were actually supposed to have a lighter practice originally after the scrimmage. So, I think the coaches realized that the boys were pulling on the hind titty intensity-wise in that scrimmage as well. Get the intensity up and the pads level down I believe was the lesson learned Thursday night.

It was 3 to 2 with varsity. The QB scored for North on the first drive, the runnback gashed rock up the middle on the second. Rock scored twice on the first series and 1 on the second. Both teams mass subbed after that. You could tell both were trying to just run some base stuff, not show a lot and get their main guys off the field. Very quick whistles.

I didn't see all of the South / Rock schedule but one of their coaches said South only scored once on the Varsity.

How was Bourbon county?
south scored 4 times
everyone will say south is better because they might win a couple of but if they had the same schedule last year wouldve won four or five south is not better heard from several south former players not very good pc,ps,clay,corbin,north,russell co., will be losses and not so sure if they dont lose to the others
sorry left out games
first 3 games are different than last year and we have to play madison southern because they joined our disrtict way different team than last year you would see this if you came out and watched them
talk that talk in september
ok
dogface34 Wrote:everyone will say south is better because they might win a couple of but if they had the same schedule last year wouldve won four or five south is not better heard from several south former players not very good pc,ps,clay,corbin,north,russell co., will be losses and not so sure if they dont lose to the others

The schedule is weaker for sure but from what I saw thurs night was a much faster South team on both sides of the ball compared to last season when I saw them. Defense was getting to the ball in a hurry against Rock. If it translates into more wins or not will be seen, but I do know one parent told me that depth will be a huge concern for them.
I thought Bourbon County looked good at times. They only big play they gave up was against Hazard. Their defense was small but quick. Offense seemed to have some explosion. I think Bourbon will only get better as the season goes on.