Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Estill County
33.33%
Knott County Central
66.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County v Knott County Central 3/7 (14th Region Semi-Finals)
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:neverguesswhoiam, the only reason I give Estill a little bit of a chance is that a team from Estill's district, who Estill twice defeated, beat Knott by 11 points. Now, Knott may not have had all their players healthy for that game or something (I didn't see it but heard it on the Stanton radio station), so if they didn't then maybe that's the reason for a double digit loss and would be understandable--plus it was at Powell.

The biggest weakness I have seen in Estill is they are not a good shooters outside the paint. But they do take games that they get in a zone and burn the nets. If Knott catches them on one of those nights it may offset Knott's size. Plus, Estill likes to drive the ball into the lane for shots, and they'll take wild shots sometimes trying to draw fouls, especially #21. If they get some of Knott's Bigs in foul trouble it may even things up a little as well.

i hope estill wins the game, i just don't see it happening. if powell played knott right now, knott would win by double digits. no matter where the game was played.

wildcatbball Wrote:Powell went 2-1 against the 53rd District, beating Knott and Cordia and losing to Letcher at Letcher. Went 1-0 against the 54th district beating Hazard in Hazard, thats a 3-1 record against those two districts. They were 3-3 against the 56th district and lost to Estill twice, once by 1 point at Powell and by 15 at Estill. The 56th had three strong teams and can compete with the 53rd and 54th this year. Estill might not be the most talented team offensively but they play great defense and they will keep you from scoring. Knott might be more talented but they can be beat. Go ahead and take Estill for granted and you will be going home. Now you can respond with all your excuses why Powell beat Knott and Hazard this year.

Go Estill and keep the representing the 56th district and this is coming from a Powell Fan.

powell co. won 12 games. come on now. if powell was in hazard or knott's district, they would have been embarrassed even worse than what they were in the first round of their own district.
Messages In This Thread
Estill County v Knott County Central 3/7 (14th Region Semi-Finals) - by neverguesswhoiam - 03-07-2011, 03:34 PM