Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Estill County v Knott County Central 3/7 (14th Region Semi-Finals)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The Last Time These 2 Teams Met Was The 2004/5 Season in a Tournament In Berea, KCC Won 59-57.

Jon Bentley has done a tremendous Job In His First Year As The Head Coach Of The Engineers And His First Head Coaching Job.

Hopefully Estill Can Pull An Upset and Make it To The School's Very First Region Championship In Boys Basketball History.

I Believe they will come ready to play. should be another Good and exciting Game, Go Engineers!!!!

thoughts?
KC by 25
knott should win big. estill might be one of the worst teams i've seen in a regional tournament in a long time. maybe ever.
EC had a heck of a comeback to win tonight. I dont think the Engineers will be able to pull this one out though. Davis back in the lineup for the Pats, they'll be tough for any of the teams to beat. I'm taking Knott Co.

Knott Central-52
Estill-40
neverguesswhoiam Wrote:knott should win big. estill might be one of the worst teams i've seen in a regional tournament in a long time. maybe ever.

i'd like to know where you get that at?
Knott rolls!!!
If Estill plays one quarter like they played the first half against Knott County they will lose.

I still think it will be close.

Knott hits the FTs to win it.
KCC 49 EC 43
Jon has done a great job at Estill Co, but Knott Co is just head and shoulders better.
Knott Co. - 73
Estill Co. - 58
estill by about 19 bently has them ready
baller4life Wrote:estill by about 19 bently has them ready

how in the world do you get that we will by 19? Now i am an Estill Fan, I Love This Team, The Coaches and This County And Hope They Pull The Upset and If They Do Win (Hope and Pray To God They Do) it won't be by 19.
KCC by an even 10.
Strikeout King Wrote:how in the world do you get that we will by 19? Now i am an Estill Fan, I Love This Team, The Coaches and This County And Hope They Pull The Upset and If They Do Win (Hope and Pray To God They Do) it won't be by 19.

lets just say i got a feelin, *spits in baccer can* a good feelin
baller4life Wrote:lets just say i got a feelin, *spits in baccer can* a good feelin

i hope your right (that we win), but it won't be by 19.
knott central will overlook us an we will take it-goodfeeln
baller4life Wrote:knott central will overlook us an we will take it-goodfeeln

i hope your right
Knott by 8!
knot, easy pick.
Knott by 10 +. I agree Bentley has done a good job, but I have a hard time routing for them because of how rude there fans an d parents act.
I'm going to go with Estill on this one. I've said all year that they were going to be the sleeper and I'm still going with it.

Estill - 58
Knott - 53
neverguesswhoiam Wrote:knott should win big. estill might be one of the worst teams i've seen in a regional tournament in a long time. maybe ever.
You're getting a little carried away there. Estill's biggest weakness is they are not a good perimeter shooting team. They like to keep a slow pace game and attack the basket at every opportunity. They hope to score or draw fouls. If they can get fouls called and keep the game at their pace then they compete very well.

They're definitely not "the worst teams in regional tournament history". They did win 18 games this season, and a lot of their games were against Central Kentucky area teams, not always the easiest opponents in the world.
If Knott takes the Engineers lightly they will be heading back to Hindman with a loss on their hands.
baller4life Wrote:lets just say i got a feelin, *spits in baccer can* a good feelin

That has killed me.. lmao
Estill shouldn't be overlooked.. they have A LOT of talent.. The game I seen last night, most of the time they just looked out of control and didn't know what they we're doing.. I don't know what Bentley told them to do, but it obviously worked.. If they play to their full potential they can definitely pull the upset off..

But, I'm going to go with KCC by 4.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:You're getting a little carried away there. Estill's biggest weakness is they are not a good perimeter shooting team. They like to keep a slow pace game and attack the basket at every opportunity. They hope to score or draw fouls. If they can get fouls called and keep the game at their pace then they compete very well.

They're definitely not "the worst teams in regional tournament history". They did win 18 games this season, and a lot of their games were against Central Kentucky area teams, not always the easiest opponents in the world.
If Knott takes the Engineers lightly they will be heading back to Hindman with a loss on their hands.

Good post, I agree 100%.
I predict Knott to win and be more rested than Perry for Tuesday night and the championship..

However, Knott cannot overlook Estill and I do not think they will..
Coach Bentley and his team know and understand the importance of this game-YES history can be set here and we all know it.ESTILL CO. will bring the advantage with them
and play THEIR BUTTS OFF and pull the(upset?!?!?!) Victory.GO ENGINEERS.
Kcc 57-44
I will be rooting for the Engineers all the way but I don't think they have the firepower to hang with the likes of a Knott Central or Perry Central. Should be a good game but I don't Estill winning. I hope the Engineers prove me wrong but I am going with Knott Central by 10.
KCC 63
Estill Co. 52
This is a trap game for KCC.Coming off an emotional win against Hazard and more than likely PCC waiting in the finals(would not be suprised if LCC came away with the upset though)KCC has a huge mental challenge ahead of them.If Estill plays well early and makes KCC play from behind early then I think they can pull off the upset.The pace and tempo of this game will be the deciding factor.If KCC jumps out to an early lead this one could be over early!With all that being said I feel that KCC is just to talented for Estill and they will pull away late and win by 14.
Strikeout King Wrote:i'd like to know where you get that at?

already told you where i get it at in the other thread.

LOOKAYANNER Wrote:You're getting a little carried away there. Estill's biggest weakness is they are not a good perimeter shooting team. They like to keep a slow pace game and attack the basket at every opportunity. They hope to score or draw fouls. If they can get fouls called and keep the game at their pace then they compete very well.

their biggest weakness is no size. they also can't shoot the outside shot. they're not a very good team fellas, let's face it. sure, they're in the regional semi-finals but if they were actually in a tough district, like hazard's and even knott's they wouldn't be here. i love john bentley, IMO he is their only strong point. i never said they were "the worst team in tournament history". i said they were one of the weakest and less talented i've ever seen, which i think is true. yes, they did. but in their games against better competition look what they did. got beat by 19 points or more IN ALL THREE OF THOSE GAMES. think if they played 10 teams like they, they would have probably lost ALL 10 OF THOSE GAMES. knott could overlook this team, but i think even if that happens they'll win by five or more. just my opinion guys, don't hate me :please:
Pages: 1 2 3