Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Estill County v Knott County Central 3/7 (14th Region Semi-Finals)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Anyone want to get a pool going as to how long it will take before someone in Knott's pep section goes shirtless?
zaga_fan Wrote:Anyone want to get a pool going as to how long it will take before someone in Knott's pep section goes shirtless?

Not as fast as Perry's..

or let's poll how quick it takes for a Perry student to get in a fight, get thrown out, wear cowboy boots, hats, cut offs, etc...
HeGotGame Wrote:Not as fast as Perry's..

or let's poll how quick it takes for a Perry student to get in a fight, get thrown out, wear cowboy boots, hats, cut offs, etc...

I counted several cut off's in Knott's crowd last night.
And no one has more shirtless fans than Knott.

Perry's fans just raise it a little too hard for the rest of the region Wink
HeGotGame Wrote:Not as fast as Perry's..

:thatsfunn
LOL, what does it matter what the the pep sections looks like?
MVP2 Wrote:LOL, what does it matter what the the pep sections looks like?

haha. It doesn't.

However, it is nice to see teams get support from the entire community, which is common in eastern kentucky.
Ballers Wrote:Estill shouldn't be overlooked.. they have A LOT of talent.. The game I seen last night, most of the time they just looked out of control and didn't know what they we're doing.. I don't know what Bentley told them to do, but it obviously worked.. If they play to their full potential they can definitely pull the upset off..

But, I'm going to go with KCC by 4.

:Thumbs:
speedy socks Wrote:Knott by 10 +. I agree Bentley has done a good job, but I have a hard time routing for them because of how rude there fans an d parents act.

Rude fans??? really!!
I don't know where in the world any of you get that Estill is not a good perimeter shooter. Even IF that was true than, who needs perimeter when they have Devan Doty, he is 6'9". Does KCC have that?
^^

Offensive Doty wasnt a threat untill the 4th quarter and OT and most of them points came once Farley fouled out. Taking nothing away from the young man but Estill is going to have to knock down those jumpers to win this game.
Question:
If you're BB King...
do you sit Davis in this game?

There's no way he is at 100% or in basketball shape.
I say playing him back-to-back nights could hurt you.
If it were me I would dress him and put him in ONLY if you need him late.
What do you guys think?
cheerforblue Wrote:Rude fans??? really!!

hey estill remeber when matt wright played for owsley county and he got taken out on a streatcher and u all was laughing at him and taking pics of it? some of the worst fans i had ever seen. estill has the worst fans ive ever seen.
neverguesswhoiam Wrote:already told you where i get it at in the other thread.

their biggest weakness is no size. they also can't shoot the outside shot. they're not a very good team fellas, let's face it. sure, they're in the regional semi-finals but if they were actually in a tough district, like hazard's and even knott's they wouldn't be here. i love john bentley, IMO he is their only strong point. i never said they were "the worst team in tournament history". i said they were one of the weakest and less talented i've ever seen, which i think is true. yes, they did. but in their games against better competition look what they did. got beat by 19 points or more IN ALL THREE OF THOSE GAMES. think if they played 10 teams like they, they would have probably lost ALL 10 OF THOSE GAMES. knott could overlook this team, but i think even if that happens they'll win by five or more. just my opinion guys, don't hate me :please:
Doty is 6-9...Morris is 6-3...Abernathy is 6-4... "no size" is incorrect... perimeter struggles is correct, though they bagged several key "3"'s against Breathitt in 2nd half... the 56th in more balanced than the Riverside/Jackson City fiasco.... Bill Parcells: "You are what you are." Estill is 18-13...that's a good season in my book.
Knott by double figures.
knott by 9
thecavemaster Wrote:Doty is 6-9...Morris is 6-3...Abernathy is 6-4... "no size" is incorrect... perimeter struggles is correct, though they bagged several key "3"'s against Breathitt in 2nd half... the 56th in more balanced than the Riverside/Jackson City fiasco.... Bill Parcells: "You are what you are." Estill is 18-13...that's a good season in my book.

one kid over 6'4 doesn't qualify estill as a "big team". IMO that's why i see perry winning region, because they have the most size. knott isn't the biggest team either, but slone, roberts, and hall are all 6'4 or taller. breathitt's district is the weakest, but estill's is right behind theirs. 18-13 is a good year in some aspects. looking at their schedule makes it no so impressive. if they finish up 18-14 with a double digit loss to knott, i hope you can agree with what i've been saying. if they beat knott, i'll agree with you and strikeout king.
neverguesswhoiam Wrote:one kid over 6'4 doesn't qualify estill as a "big team". IMO that's why i see perry winning region, because they have the most size. knott isn't the biggest team either, but slone, roberts, and hall are all 6'4 or taller. breathitt's district is the weakest, but estill's is right behind theirs. 18-13 is a good year in some aspects. looking at their schedule makes it no so impressive. if they finish up 18-14 with a double digit loss to knott, i hope you can agree with what i've been saying. if they beat knott, i'll agree with you and strikeout king.
neverguesswhoiam, the only reason I give Estill a little bit of a chance is that a team from Estill's district, who Estill twice defeated, beat Knott by 11 points. Now, Knott may not have had all their players healthy for that game or something (I didn't see it but heard it on the Stanton radio station), so if they didn't then maybe that's the reason for a double digit loss and would be understandable--plus it was at Powell.

The biggest weakness I have seen in Estill is they are not a good shooters outside the paint. But they do take games that they get in a zone and burn the nets. If Knott catches them on one of those nights it may offset Knott's size. Plus, Estill likes to drive the ball into the lane for shots, and they'll take wild shots sometimes trying to draw fouls, especially #21. If they get some of Knott's Bigs in foul trouble it may even things up a little as well.
zaga_fan Wrote:Question:
If you're BB King...

What do you guys think?

Anyone gonna answer my question?
lol
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:I'm going to go with Estill on this one. I've said all year that they were going to be the sleeper and I'm still going with it.

Estill - 58
Knott - 53

I like the way you think i would love to see the engineers get it together for this game they have been so clost in so many big games this year maybe thie will be there break out game look's like with the game they got out of Jones Thur. night could carry ovet in the Knott game im sure Knott has had to pepair of the shooting he brings to the Estill team. Should be a very good game.
zaga_fan Wrote:Anyone gonna answer my question?
lol

I think i would he sure looked like he was in alot of pain when he left the floor after the hazard game.I would hate to see him get hurt and not get to play again.
mhshow21 Wrote:hey estill remeber when matt wright played for owsley county and he got taken out on a streatcher and u all was laughing at him and taking pics of it? some of the worst fans i had ever seen. estill has the worst fans ive ever seen.

were you there when this happen?
guardtheball Wrote:I think i would he sure looked like he was in alot of pain when he left the floor after the hazard game.I would hate to see him get hurt and not get to play again.

Suprisingly Zach said he didn't feel any pain after the Hazard game, or soreness the next day. However, he is a tough kid and really wants to play..so I think he will play but not see as many minutes as he did in the Hazard game. Hopefully, they won't need him as long.
It would be a bad idea to sit Davis considering powell county beat KCC without him, and Estill beat Powell pretty handily.
zaga_fan Wrote:Anyone gonna answer my question?
lol

Knott County's coaching staff has been able to keep everything quite about who will play and in what game, so who know's what their stratagy will be. They beat a pretty good Letcher County team in the District Championship without Davis or Roberts. Injuries have required them to build a more than capable bench. I say Davis and Roberts will play but not many minutes, Roberts more than Davis. Estill will not be able to put as much pressure on Knott County's Guard's as Hazard did.
Estill rolls Knott tonight?
Ballers Wrote:Estill rolls Knott tonight?

No.
jumpshooter Wrote:It would be a bad idea to sit Davis considering powell county beat KCC without him, and Estill beat Powell pretty handily.

I would bet $1,000 that there is NO way Powell could beat Knott right now..with or without Davis. And I don't think Estill will either.

There was a lot going on during that time period.. transitioning between players because of injuries, a slump the team was going thru, a new point gaurd, a forward that hadn't played in over a year due to a injury, etc..
zaga_fan Wrote:Question:
If you're BB King...

What do you guys think?

I think he should play. No reason to save him for the next game. You got to win this one first.:Hammer3::Hammer3:
neverguesswhoiam Wrote:already told you where i get it at in the other thread.

their biggest weakness is no size. they also can't shoot the outside shot. they're not a very good team fellas, let's face it. sure, they're in the regional semi-finals but if they were actually in a tough district, like hazard's and even knott's they wouldn't be here. i love john bentley, IMO he is their only strong point. i never said they were "the worst team in tournament history". i said they were one of the weakest and less talented i've ever seen, which i think is true. yes, they did. but in their games against better competition look what they did. got beat by 19 points or more IN ALL THREE OF THOSE GAMES. think if they played 10 teams like they, they would have probably lost ALL 10 OF THOSE GAMES. knott could overlook this team, but i think even if that happens they'll win by five or more. just my opinion guys, don't hate me :please:

Powell went 2-1 against the 53rd District, beating Knott and Cordia and losing to Letcher at Letcher. Went 1-0 against the 54th district beating Hazard in Hazard, thats a 3-1 record against those two districts. They were 3-3 against the 56th district and lost to Estill twice, once by 1 point at Powell and by 15 at Estill. The 56th had three strong teams and can compete with the 53rd and 54th this year. Estill might not be the most talented team offensively but they play great defense and they will keep you from scoring. Knott might be more talented but they can be beat. Go ahead and take Estill for granted and you will be going home. Now you can respond with all your excuses why Powell beat Knott and Hazard this year.

Go Estill and keep the representing the 56th district and this is coming from a Powell Fan.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:neverguesswhoiam, the only reason I give Estill a little bit of a chance is that a team from Estill's district, who Estill twice defeated, beat Knott by 11 points. Now, Knott may not have had all their players healthy for that game or something (I didn't see it but heard it on the Stanton radio station), so if they didn't then maybe that's the reason for a double digit loss and would be understandable--plus it was at Powell.

The biggest weakness I have seen in Estill is they are not a good shooters outside the paint. But they do take games that they get in a zone and burn the nets. If Knott catches them on one of those nights it may offset Knott's size. Plus, Estill likes to drive the ball into the lane for shots, and they'll take wild shots sometimes trying to draw fouls, especially #21. If they get some of Knott's Bigs in foul trouble it may even things up a little as well.

i hope estill wins the game, i just don't see it happening. if powell played knott right now, knott would win by double digits. no matter where the game was played.

wildcatbball Wrote:Powell went 2-1 against the 53rd District, beating Knott and Cordia and losing to Letcher at Letcher. Went 1-0 against the 54th district beating Hazard in Hazard, thats a 3-1 record against those two districts. They were 3-3 against the 56th district and lost to Estill twice, once by 1 point at Powell and by 15 at Estill. The 56th had three strong teams and can compete with the 53rd and 54th this year. Estill might not be the most talented team offensively but they play great defense and they will keep you from scoring. Knott might be more talented but they can be beat. Go ahead and take Estill for granted and you will be going home. Now you can respond with all your excuses why Powell beat Knott and Hazard this year.

Go Estill and keep the representing the 56th district and this is coming from a Powell Fan.

powell co. won 12 games. come on now. if powell was in hazard or knott's district, they would have been embarrassed even worse than what they were in the first round of their own district.
Pages: 1 2 3